A Friendship Bloossoming

Christina's POV

I groaned as I felt excruciating pain all over my body. My ears were ringing from the punches to my head. It felt like my brain was prying to come out of my skull. I shakily lifted my hand to wipe the blood that spewed from my nose. I whimpered as I slowly crawled to the bathroom. Every time my knees hit the floor, pain was sent up my body. I bit my lip trying to contain my cries.

I finally made it to the bathroom and took a deep breath. I held onto the counter for support as I tried to get up.

"Fuck,"I silently cursed to myself. I began to take deep breaths as I lifted up my body. My lip was busted, my nose was bleeding terribly, and my neck seemed as if I was trying to get Erik's fingerprints. My skin was also black and blue all over.

I was not the same person I was a year ago. My eyes held a blank, dull look. My skin lacked its healthy glow, and my hair was beginning to fall out. Who is this person?

I began to heavily cry as I washed my face with warm water. This marriage is not healthy for me or my kids I thought to myself. As I finished up, I changed my clothes and decided I was not going into work looking like this. I know 10:30 was kind of late to call my boss, but I was not letting anyone witness me like this.

"Come on pick up,"I stressed as I sat on the bed. I was about to hang up on the 4th ring, but he answered. "Hello,"He groaned. Shivers ran up my spine despite the pain I was in. Lawd this man-

"Hello," he said again, more alert. I cleared my throat, "Sorry for calling so late Dr. Price,"I said softly into the phone.

"Oh, Christina. It's okay. I told you call me Derrick by the way,"he chuckled. I smiled,"I was wondering if I could take the day off tomorrow?" I asked. He paused on the other line and I just knew he was going to say no. I heard shuffling in the background.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked. "Oh nothing really. I think I'm coming down with a virus or some,"I said hoping he'll believe me.

"Mhm....is that all?"He said. I frowned,"Huh? What you mean?" I asked.

"Oh nothing,"He said. "Just that you're not a very good liar."

"Yeah whatever Dr. Price,"I said while stressing his name. "Like you are."

He laughed,"To me I am! Lemme tell you about this time for April Fools."

"Oh my gosh!"I laughed as I wiped the tears falling from my eyes. "Derrick you're amess,"I told him. "Yea I've been told my whole life." He said.

"Ya know most doctors are sorta stuck up. But not you,"I told him.

"Well ya know. Im just the average black kid from the ghetto."

I nodded as if he could see me. I looked over at the alarm clock and my eyes went big as hell. "Oh my gosh! It's 3 o'clock in the morning,"I said. "I'm sorry for keeping you up so late! I know you have to work in the morning."

He began to laugh like something was funny."What's so funny?" I asked.

"You! I don't have to work in the morning,"he said. I calmed down a bit but then remembered that he didn't give me the day off yet. "And you don't either, "he said as if he read my mind.

"Okay thank you."I said with a yawn. "The only way you could thank me is by joining me for lunch tomorrow." he said so smoothly. It sounded to me as if he was trying to flirt on the slick."Ya know, Derrick. I am married."

"I know. But as friends." I thought about it remembering what happened tonight. "Mhm how about breakfast?"I suggested.

"Okay 10 ? At iHop?"he asked. "Yeah that'll be good." I said. "Okay, well goodnight. See you tomorrow."he said. "Goodnight,"I responded and hung up. That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face despite all the pain I was in.

The next morning I got prepared for Breakfast with Derrick. I threw on a floral maxi dress with sandals. I decided to let the kids stay home since it was Friday. I dropped Erika at my parents and let Chris take one of the cars.

I was now sitting in the parking lot of iHop checking my make-up. "God I hope he doesn't see any of these bruises, "I said while closing the compact mirror. I got out the car and headed inside. Derrick already texted me and said he was inside.

"Hi welcome to iHop. Table for how many,"she asked. "Uh actually he's already here." "Oh okay. Well, have a nice meal, "she said. I smiled at her and went to find Derrick. Once I spotted him he was at a booth and into his phone.

"Hey you,"I said once I reached him. He looked up and smiled,"Hey how ya doing?"He asked me as he stood up and hugged me. I took a deep breath in and fell in a trance with his smell. We pulled apart and I looked over his outfit. He had on jeans, a white t-shirt, a cardigan, and jordans.

"You look nice,"he said as we sat down. I smiled,"You don't look bad yourself. I expected you to wear some khakis and Sperry's not no Jordan's."

He started laughing,"I see you got jokes huh?" "Yeah, I been had em you're just finding out."

We had a light conversation until our food came. I found out he's from Louisiana but his family moved here when he was 10. He doesn't have any kids but he sees his nephew, who is around Chris' age, as his child. Also he just graduated from medical school 2 years ago.

"Sooo tell me about yourself," he said as we began to eat. "Um what is there to tell, "I said honestly.

"Aw come on. You seem like an interesting person,"he said. "Well I have two kids. Erika and Chris. Chris is 16 and Erika is 6. Those 2 are my world. Without them I don't know what I'll do,"I said honestly.

"Seems like you really love your kids,"he said. "Yeah once you have kids your whole world changes. Good and bad,"I said honestly. "Oh and I can't forget my non-profitable charity group. But it's mostly run by my sister Crystal. We do a lot of work with the homeless and a lot of give a ways for the kids."

"Ah was that you who did the comedy show last year to raise money for breast cancer?"he asked. "Yup that was me,"I said proudly.

"Wow that event was amazing. Kevin Hart, Chris Tucker, and Steve Harvey under one roof. How you made that happen?"

I shrugged,"People are willing to help. But I love helping people. I kind of feel guilty when I see someone who's not doing better than me,"I said honestly,"Maybe you could come to one of our food drives."

"Yea I'll make sure to take off one of those days."

We were now standing by my car bout to head out. "Thank you for breakfast. I really had a good time,"I said. "Maybe we could do this again,"he said while looking into my eyes.

"Yea,"I said. Things got silent as we stared into each other's eyes. My insides began to tingle by the look he gave me. I quickly looked away. "Well I guess I'll get going,"I said while getting in the car.

"See you later,"He said. I waved and pulled off. Gosh I think this man is doing something to me.

--------------------

😔 Sorry I took so long to update. This chapter been sitting on my computer for a while now! But since its Summer imma update more 😁😊

Make sure to like 👍,comment💬, & share 💻 ! Thank you