Chapter 1: Girl Of The Bamboo Forest

Deep within a bamboo forest, there is a girl with white hair and fire red eyes. She wore clothes out of the ordinary that weren't even ninja related. This girl has no home to go to, actually, no home at all. But she could care less about that. 

She's been on her own for as long as she could remember. All she could remember is that she had parents. But they are both dead. The mom left and the father committed suicide because his heart was broken. After that, the girl was on her own. Yet, she did not care. 

She spends most of her time in the bamboo forest where she calls home. From time to time, she watches the kids from the academy play outside, or watches them practice. Nobody noticed her. Until one day, that changed. 

"Oi, Naruto, get back here!" Iruka screams at the blonde child has he hops over the fence and takes off.

The girl watches as the boy runs into the forest. Just in case he gets himself into any trouble, the girl follows him. She quietly follows Naruto into the forest until he can't run anymore. He leans against the tree and pants. "Stupid Sasuke! He thinks he's so cool! I hate him!" Naruto rants to himself. The girl watches from a distance before walking along. "Hey, who's there!?" Naruto shouts as he hears movement within the bamboo forest. Just as the girl leaves, Naruto sees her. 'A girl?! What is she doing all the way out here?' Naruto thinks to himself before following the girl.

Naruto follows the girl until she stops and looks up at the sky as the wind brushes pass her. Her hair flows within the wind. Naruto gets a good look at the girl's beauty and a blush creeps on his face. 

The girl's eyes wander to the boy that stands a few feet away from her before she turns to him. Both Naruto and the girl stare at each other, until Naruto blinks and puts his hands up in defense.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or anything! I saw you and I...uh..." Naruto trails off, not knowing what to say next. The girl doesn't say a word as she continues to stare at the boy. "So, what are you doing out here?"

"I reside here." The girl replies with her hands folded behind her back. "You shouldn't be here. You could end up getting lost."

"You...live here?" Naruto questions.

"Mhm." The girl nods her head yes. "You're actually the first person to step forward into this forest. I never talk to someone up close before. Who are you?" The girl asks as she tilts her head to the side with a kind smile on her face.

"Naruto Uzumaki, believe it!"

"It's nice to meet you, Naruto Uzuamaki." The girl says to him emotionlessly and footsteps are heard.

"Naruto! There you are! You're not suppose to be in this forest. Come on, let's go back." Iruka comes running for Naruto.

"But Iruka Sensei, how come she's allowed to be in the forest!?" Naruto points to the girl.

"What girl, Naruto?"

"That gir-" Naruto blinks as he sees that the girl is no longer in front of him. "But there was a girl right there! I swear, she was there!"

"Right, come on. Let's go." Iruka takes Naruto back to the academy. Naruto looked back to see if the girl would appear again, but she was nowhere in sight. 

Was she a ghost? Or was it all in his head? 

But Naruto knew what he saw. He was talking to a girl around his age. He knew he wasn't crazy. For the rest of the day, Naruto couldn't get the girl out of his head. How could she disappear right before is very eyes? It didn't make any sense to him.

That next day, Naruto went back to the bamboo forest to look for the girl. He searched and searched, but wasn't able to find her. "Hey! Where are you?!" Naruto shouted to the top of his lungs, hoping he will get an answer. "This is so weird." Naruto scratched the back of his head. 

What he didn't know was that he was being watched by a rogue ninja. They were about to attack Naruto but arms had wrapped around the person's neck, strangling them. It was the girl from yesterday.

She glared at him as he squeezed her arms tightly around the rogue's neck. "You have no right to be here." She growled under her breath as the rogue struggled against her neck. A moment later, their neck snapped. The girl released the rogue and let the body land on the ground. Naruto didn't notice a thing. He gave up on looking for the girl and went back to the village. The girl watched as Naruto leaves the forest before she vanishes into the forest again.