Chapter 4: Sometimes Reality Hurts

**Four months after the wretched breakup and shunning... **

Rem, after a long day of work at the cafe, slinks through the dorm hallways to her dorm room. She opens the door and closes it again when she steps into her room, then locks it, so that no one will see or bother her midway through what she was planning to do. 

Kicking her shoes off and throwing her stuff on her bed, she starts walking towards the knife blade that was sitting on the counter in her dorm room's bathroom.  

 The day that her ex-boyfriend, Meliodas, and her backstabbing so-called soul sister, Jenny, had shunned her for the being that she is. "That horrid day, four months ago, ugh, four darn months of suffering.....-I thought he loved me; I thought he genuinely cared for me... I guess I was wrong-..... It's been so depressing having no one there to acknowledge me at all; much lest care about me. And having only two people, TWO OTHER BEINGS that know...... I'm tired of... PRETENDING for society! I'm not okay! I've had it with this crappy life!" Rem wails; breaking apart into a teary and sobbing mess. Shattering her hard, but thin and wavering protective shell. Her tan face that hardly showed any true emotion over the past four months, was now finally letting all the tears she hasn't cried during her depression, fall down her now red, puffy cheeks. 

  She has been very depressed, ever since that awful day

  She has been very depressed, ever since that awful day. Cutting her forearm with her favorite decorated and jeweled, family heirloom knife; adding a new one every chance she got when she was alone, but only just deep enough to draw blood, but not hit veins.

Well, until now............Today she decided she was going to do it, she was going to end herself. She has had it with her depression and misery, deciding to end it all.

Rem grabs hold of the hilt of the knife shakily, then rips off the pendant that was keeping her demon ora at bay to keep the heir to the Orchid Demon family, herself, safe.

Sitting next to where the blade previously, was a bottle of Holy Water. Which burns demons badly, and if swallowed by a demon, it not only takes away their immortality but also scalding them internally, slowly killing them.

 Which burns demons badly, and if swallowed by a demon, it not only takes away their immortality but also scalding them internally, slowly killing them

Then she grabbed the small, Caribbean Blue stained glass bottle containing the Holy Water and hesitantly popped the cap open. She brought the opening of the bottle up to her full, dark pink colored lips, wincing at the strong aroma of the deadly liquid already stinging her lips. Taking a deep breath in before quickly downing the rest of what was left of the Holy Water in the bottle.

Her eyes shoot open in agony, the painful burning feeling starting up as the liquid was doing its thing to the suicidal devil, taking her immortality away and slowly starting to kill her. She would scream out in pain, but Rem is unable to due to the Holy Water scalding her throat. Even though she could not cry aloud, tears did sting her beautiful, but soulful, eyes and streaked down her now dark red cheeks.  

As the searing pain was subsiding, she was given enough time to clean her knife thoroughly

As the searing pain was subsiding, she was given enough time to clean her knife thoroughly. Her hand slightly wavering as it slowly glided the knife through the air to her wrist. Rem presses the tip down firmly onto the far left side on her left hand's wrist. Slowly dragging it across to make a deep cut, deep enough to cut into a vein or two, and repeating it two more times to have 3 deep cuts on her left wrist. Then doing the same to the other wrist.  

All of a sudden she felt light-headed as her blood was spilling out rapidly.

  "Ash....A-Aki... I'm s-sorry that you two had to watch me go through such a... pitiful and depressing time. I'm.... sorry that I just made you stand there and watch, not allowing you to help when I knew it hurt you to see me suffer; when I knew that you two, the only others that know, really did care for... me. I'm sorry I let you guys down..."  

  She staggered in her standing position and fell onto the floor of her bathroom. Her lavender colored hair all spread out on the carpet of the bathroom floor and covering most of her back and shoulders. A sad, faraway look and a slight smile plastered on her now ghost white face as she slowly starts drifting into her eternal sleep-like death. Almost all of her colors gone from her body. The only remnants being a hint of any color that still remained; a few small drops of the beautiful young devil's powerful blood that were starting to stain the lovely pendant that was grasped tightly in her small, pale, cold hand. It's swirled colors of dusty blue and a vibrant violet, only barely visible between the tips of her fingers and the palm of her hand. Her grip on something to remember was the only thing that had kept a smile on her face.

 The only people who would actually miss her and know she was gone are her fellow workmates, her only friends......

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

  ~*AN: It's pretty tragic what rejection and depression can do to one and what it can drive people to do to themselves. This fiction story was just an example of the suicidal possibilities that a person might be obligated to do to rid their thoughts of their sadness.  And I'm just glad that I never got THAT depressed.~  

Hold up, wait, wait, wait.    The story's not done yet, so hang in there.

Peace out my lovely Little Sun-Flares.

Remnants of a ColorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara