Chapter 1: Her Everyday......

A student of The University of Second Beginnings was walking back out of her dorm building, heading towards her work at a cafe called "Coco-Latte's". Her name is Remnants Orchid -yes, I know, an unusual name, but she isn't a normal person, although she definitely looks the part-, most of her colleagues just call her "Rem." and her teachers just call her "Miss Orchid". Now -as I said before- she isn't remotely close to being a normal person, in fact, she not even human. Her race -more like the type of being that she is- is from the underworld.

Yes, if you were guessing a demon or devil, you are very close. She's not just any kind of devil, she is a Pure-Blood Devil, or as the lower class demons call them, "Royals". As they have more magic, they are at the top of the underworld hierarchy, and they have the rights to do as they please, which is normally never a good thing. But Rem is a different case.

She wishes not to be a part of the Devil's' Royal Bloodline. Nor does she want to deceive or hurt any of the humans she is living amongst or any of the others that live outside of her current town. She has given up any hope that she once had of ever being accepted for the being that she is and is still shunned by "The Angels in the Stars of Hope" -yes, that is what the Angels call themselves in their war, heh, more like petty fight against the Devils and "Fallen Ones". Although, she has found love and wants to keep it in her life, but her relationship is what complicates her existence in the Human Realm.

~ * ~ * ~

Finally, Rem got to the back of the cafe's building. She makes her way up the short, boring molded concrete stairs that lead up to a small platform before the rusty iron door. Unlike the beautifully carved diorite slabs of the stairs up to the crystal-like stained glass front door for the customers.

Stiffly opening the rusted door, she starts to smell the sweet pastries and desserts that are being made. The scene, sounds, and scents splash over her in a giant wave of warmth and laughter. She stood there paralyzed by the familiar, yet still astounding, harmony of the cafe's kitchen, forgetting that the door was still wide open.

"And there's the devil 'erself... Ay! Rem, get in 'ere and close the door behind yer'self! Your letting out the cool air!" a friendly accented yell came from over at the ovens, across the kitchen, snapping Rem out of her trance.

"Oh! U-um, sorry Aki! R-right away." Rem stuttered out, quickly, but messily, responding to her peer and friend.

She steps in and closes the door. Then everything paused in the kitchen...

"REM!!!" everyone exclaims in joy and relief.

Before she was aware of it, all of her co-workers, or to her, her closest friends, were toppling over each other to greet their friend, the youngest of the co-workers, who brought everything together. And soon Rem was lying on the floor, the wind knocked out of her, with all eight of her friends "dog-piling" on her, hugging her tightly, almost squeezing her to death -if that's even possible for her, am I right?

Then the eight co-workers were back on their feet brushing themselves off, ready to get back to work.

Aki helps Rem back onto her feet and says with great relief, "Thank god you got here just now, we really need yer' help right now."

"