Chapter 14

Rewind~

"Hey, it's the new kid!" John walked into the room shyly, barely able to carry his suitcase. He looked down at his feet.
"Hey new kid, what's your name?" John looked up.
"John" he answered quietly.
"Well John, I'm James. Need some help with your luggage?" John nodded. James gave John a smile and took the suitcase out of his hands. He walked over to the window.
"I think my bed's over th-" One of the other kids opened the window and James threw the suitcase out, the item opening up and spilling all of its contents of the ground below. James walked over to John, slightly taller than him.
"Look John, I know about you. Don't think that just because you were a Light before you got here that you're better than us. You go by my rules, got it?" John nodded rapidly.
"Good. Now let's go pick up your clothes." James, John, and the other kid that opened the window walked downstairs to outside where the suitcase was lying.
"Well, what're ya waiting for? Pick it up." John started gathering his clothes and other items quickly. The other kid picked up a book.
"Hey James, look at this!"
"Whatcha got Levi?"
"Looks like his diary!" Levi opened it.
"Looks like Johnathan can draw-"
"It's not Johnathan" John said quietly.
"What you say new kid?"
"Nothing."
"That's what I thought." Levi threw the book at John and the two went back into the building, John left to unpack by himself again.

For weeks this went on. James and his friends bullying and bossing John around. Multiple times would John take the blame for something they did.

"James! Levi!" The two boys ran inside from the rundown basketball court.
"Yes Ms. Sarah?" The boys said in unison.
"You two didn't take out the trash, do the dishes or any of your other chores." The two looked at each other then down at their shoes.
"We're sorry Ms. Sarah."
"No dessert for this week. Now back to playing." Ms. Sarah walked into the other room and grabbed a magazine to read. James and Levi ran back outside and found John.
"Johnny, you didn't do our chores this week!" Levi said, his arms crossed.
"I had my own chores and I had homework-"
"Excuses excuses."
"Now you have to give us your dessert this week" James demanded. He pushed John over.
"Stop it."
"Who said that?" James looked around.
"I said stop it James." A kid walked up and faced James, putting himself between him and John.
"Well well well, if it isn't Charley. You know, you can be apart of my gang, friend."
"James, what you do is wrong. He's new, go easy on him."
"Fine." James peered over Charles shoulder at John.
"As long as you got him, we won't mess with you. But your days are numbered Johnny." And with that, him and Levi walked away. Charles turned around and helped John up.
"Thanks" John said. Charles extended his hand, which was covered in dirt.
"Charles Lee." John looked at Charles hand and hesitated to shake it. He looked up at Charles and smiled.
"John Laurens."

"Hey Jackie! I found something!" John ran over to where his friend Charles was.
"Woah." John sat in front of the shelled creature and began sketching it the best he could.
"I heard that that's a dragon." The boys looked up to see a girl around their age.
"What's a dragon?" Charles asked.
"That" the girl responded pointing at the snail.
"What's your name?" Charles asked.
"Maria. You?"
"I'm Charles and this is John."
"You have a lot of freckles."
"I know."
"Whatcha drawing?"
"The dragon."
"Cool. You guys wanna be friends?"
"Yeah!" John responded excitedly. He was always friendly but his only friend was Charles.
"Sure" Charles said, not as enthusiastic. That was the beginning of their friendship.

A/N; this was a big chapter and just **inhales** thenextfewchaptersaregonnabeinformationmanandiloveem