4.2

{ corbyn's pov, the whole day}

me and chloe rushed to the firework show, as soon as the fireworks started to show, i wanted to be as cliche as possible. so i leaned in, i felt something but not what i felt with karrington.

but like she said, whatever we had is over. i'm really trying to forget her, but nothing i do is working. after the whole firework show, chloe excused herself to the bathroom. i waited for her, but it was taking long for her to come back.

i walked over to the bathrooms, and i don't see her. i walk a little further, until i see karrington and chloe fighting. i see jonah, zach, jack, and mia. we rush to pull them apart. as karrington gets off of chloe she looks down.

"what happened?" i yelled.

"karrington slapped me!" chloe ran to me, she pushed herself onto me and i soothed her hair.

"why would you do that?!" jonah striked at karrington.

"it wasn't me!" karrington yelled. mia pulled her aside and we're soon out of sight.

fuck.

"what are you doing here?" i asked them.

"i could you ask you the same thing." zach responded.

"i took chloe out." i shrugged.

"we surprised karrington, to cheer her up," jonah spoke.

"but that didn't work." zach groaned.

as i was walking to find my car, while chloe wanted a churro. i saw mia and karrington, i decided to eavesdrop.

hey, don't blame me.

"then she slapped me! after that, we got into a fight." she took a breath.

" oh the most important part, she made everyone believe i started the fight." mia interrupted karrington.

"everyone but me."

wait, it was all chloe's fault. i bet i'm still missing information but wow, i'm a horrible person. i walk as fast i can to the car and wait for chloe.

she enters and I decide to get the information from her.

"what happened?" i ask.

"that bitch slapped me." she scoffed.

"the real story." i demanded.

"that is the real story."

"chloe, i will leave you stranded her if you don't tell me." i threatened.

"no!"

"then tell me."

"i may or may not have been rude to karrington. i also may or may not have slapped her first." she looked down.

"really!" i spitted the words out furiously.

i started the engine, and started the route to chloe's home. i paid no mind to her, only to the radio and the road. as soon as i made it to her home, i dropped her home and made my way to the why don't we house.

hours passed as i was still think over everything. i checked over my phone and saw that karrington is going home for awhile.

great! my fault.

just as i thought things couldn't go any worse, i was wrong. she was leaving in less than an hour. i quickly ran to daniel and told him everything. we hopped into his car and drove straight the LAX (airport).

we looked at all the gates and found pennsylvania . we managed to get through the security and ran as fast as we could to the gate. i was so nervous that we would miss her. as we ran we spotted them, i walk even closer and grab her wrist pulling her back. her eye widened, then turn into a cloud of sadness.

"don't go," we begged.

"but i have to." she looked down to her feet. she was scared to meet our eyes, and that was obvious. i let go of her hand.

"we'll fix everything." i sighed.

"there's nothing to fix." the attendant kept calling names.

"oh, i'm beyond sorry daniel." she looked up.

"it's ok," he reassured her.

"no it's not!" she shouted lowly.

"it is." daniel reaches for her hand, in which she backed up.

"just please stay," i spoke, i made a mistake. i thought having chloe would make everything better, but in fact it made everything worse. if i let myself actually love her, this could've been prevented. but nothing goes right anymore.

"i'm-" the attendant called for their name. daniel and i gave them one more begging look to stay. we both know that this is hurting us.

"last call for mia watson, and karrington phillips." she gathered her things and met with mia.

"can you wait, there having a moment!" mia yelled at the attendant. she scoffed at her and rolled her eyes.

"bye," she whispered as she walked away, she didn't even look back.

i stormed to my car and waited for daniel. we stayed in a silence until we reached home.

i rushes to my room and stayed in my bed. i was engulfed into my bed and tears started to roll down. i needed to let this out. i made everything worse. the tears rolled down faster.

i caused all this.