Alternate Endings (青峰大輝 & 木吉鉄平)

青峰 大輝 (Aomine Daiki)

Few months after the Winter Cup, Seirin resumed their intense training for their future tournaments, with the exception of Kiyoshi, who was accompanied by Alex to have his surgery and rehabilitation done in America. Riko coached the boys while Yasu looked out for upcoming tournaments and practice games besides analysing their opponents and planning a new training regime based on their progress. It wasn't easy for them as they had to balance their training with exams.

One late evening, Yasu was supposed to walk home with Kuroko, but the latter said he had to return home earlier due to the large number of homework his teachers gave that had to be submitted earlier. So there she was, walking down the street alone while looking at her surroundings until she was no longer alone.

"Yasu-chan!" called a familiar voice from behind.

She turned around and was surprised to see a girl running towards her. "Satsuki?" she said.

The said girl stopped in front of her to catch her breath. When her breathing was back to normal, she asked, "What are you doing here alone? I thought Tetsu-kun is walking back home with you."

"He said he has a lot of homework that needs to be completed quickly, so he left earlier." replied Yasu.

"I see." said Momoi before a smile flickered across her face. "Then, shall we walk together?"

"Is is alright with you?" asked Yasu with concern. "I mean, we live in different places."

"It's fine!" assured Momoi. "After all, it has been a while since we walked home together."

Yasu returned the smile and nodded. "If you say so." she said.

The two basketball club managers then began walking down the street together while catching up, especially on the aftermath of the Winter Cup where Aomine started attending practices, Wakamatsu was the new team captain, Yasu received news that her cousins were enrolling in Seirin, and both teams' progress in their intense training. Though they were enemies on court, it didn't waver their friendship, as they supported and respect each others' abilities.

"And just as I was excited about practice, Dai-chan didn't turn up!" whined Momoi as she recalled the time when her and Sakurai entered the gym to hear that from Wakamatsu. "We eventually had to use our secret tactic where we send him a picture of us threatening to burn his favourite gravure magazine if he doesn't show up."

The latter laughed at her story. "But it did get him to go for practice, right?" she asked.

Momoi heaved a sigh. "Yes." she said before a smile flickered across her face. "But I'm glad, Yasu-chan. He was able to wake up and return to his former self thanks to Kagamin and Tetsu-kun."

"Me too, Satsuki." she said. "Also, with Orochi and Sarumatsu joining Seirin, Aomine will definitely practise harder."

"Did you know?" asked the said girl with amusement. "Recently, when Dai-chan heard that they're joining Seirin, he actually practised longer and harder than his own teammates! Even Captain was shocked."

"Aomine does get excited when he hears of potential rivals, like Kagami." said Yasu with a smile. Suddenly, the girls heard a loud grumble, and their gazes landed on Yasu's stomach. She gave Momoi a sheepish smile and said, "I didn't think I would get hungry to fast."

Momoi giggled at her before looking around for any nearby foot outlets, which was Maji Burger. Her face lit up when she thought of something, and she grabbed Yasu by her hand. "Let's have dinner together, then!" she suggested while dragging her to the fast food chain.