第51Q

With her phone still in her hand, Yasu updated her father on the team's progress. Their training since the summer, the addition of Kiyoshi to the team that made a lot of differences, them winning the preliminaries, and participating in the Winter Cup where they had recently beat Aomine and Murasakibara. "See?" said the gravelly, baritone voice in a playful manner from the other line. "I told you you can lead the team. Sports knowledge runs in our roots."

"More like basketball knowledge runs in our roots." corrected Yasu sarcastically. "And all we do is eat, sleep and play basketball. Well, with me being an exception, since I'm injured. And soon enough, we're going to be basketball nutheads."

The middle-aged man chuckled. "And you still have that sharp tongue." he remarked. "No wonder you were able to convince your mother to move back."

"I'm honestly surprised that she gave in after talking to her for three hours on the same matter." she said. "Her temper was so short, I thought we were having a volcano eruption. Even onii-chan didn't dare approach her for the next few hours."

"Your mother is very protective of you." said Kai. "Since you had plantar fasciitis, her maternal instincts peaked to its limits. Remember when you were in first-year? She insisted that either one of us would drop you off at school, and rush back to pick you up. I thought we had to extend our budget on petrol until that young man was kind enough to walk you home, even though he lived nowhere near our old home."

"Yeah." said the girl, chuckling at the memory. "Mother thought Midorima and I were a thing, even Kuroko, and she interrogated him one morning when she saw him at the school gates. I'd never seen him so afraid of someone! Not mention, she freaked out when she found out that Satsuki and I were the only girls in the basketball club, barged into the gym, and threatened the boys, especially Aomine. Akashi had to assure her that nothing would happen to me and Satsuki, but he was a bit intimidated by her. Some of them couldn't even believe that she was my mother."

Her father burst out laughing, and it took him a few minutes to recover. "That's Okimi, alright." he remarked. His playful tone then changed into a serious one when he asked, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Yasu blinked owlishly at both his question and the sudden change in his tone. "Huh? No, I don't. Why?"

She heard him let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad. I just don't like the idea of a random boy dating my daughter when she's neither financially stable nor completed her studies yet."

"Don't worry, father." she assured. "If I happen to date someone before those conditions are met, I will let you know. Though be prepared to have mother's voice echo throughout the house."

"You're right." he said, chuckling at the thought of his wife going on a rampage if their daughter dated someone. "Alright, work is calling. I'll let Okimi know that you're doing well. We'll catch up next time, okay?"

"Okay." said Yasu. "Bye, father." After he had returned the greeting, she hung up the phone and put it into her bag. She was about to leave when she heard a familiar voice coming from behind a corner.

"What are you doing?" he yelled. "Who the hell are you?"

'Isn't that Kagami?' she thought. 'He sounded pretty angry.' She decided to went towards where his voice came from, and saw Kagami standing next to a beaten up Himuro and a boy  who was choking Alex. He had dark gray hair styled with cornrows that he kept in braids to the back, narrowed eyes, and two piercings on each ear. Yasu leaned against the wall so that he wouldn't see her, and that she could have a closer look of the boy.

"Hey, let go!" yelled Kagami.

"You." said the boy, looking at Kagami while his grip was still around Alex's neck. "You're the one who just won against Atsushi. I was watching. You're pretty good."