Let the Explanation Begin

Hearing the knock at the door, Ms. E goes to open it. I decided to follow out of curiosity, we don't usually have visitors this early in the morning. Ms. E unlocks the door and opens it to find an older man with a long silver beard standing there. He has half-mooned spectacles on and wears long robed attire. His light blue eyes appear to have a sort of whimsical look in them.

The mysterious man clears his throat, "Good to see you Ms. Everett. May I come in?" It seems that Ms. E knows who this man is and nods her head in confirmation, opening the door wider.

The man enters, glancing over at me. "Hello. I am Albus Dumbledore. You must be Lyra." He said, as a statement rather than a question.

Staring up at him, I reply, "Yes, I am Mr. Dumbledore." He smiles as I say that.

"Please, just Dumbledore." He told me with slight amusement in his voice.

"It's good to finally meet you in person, Dumbledore." Ms. E says as I turn to face her. This statement confuses me.

"As you, Ms. Everett." States Dumbledore as he nods his head. "I have come to discuss our last letter furthermore."

"Yes. Come, sit in the living room, please?" Ms. E gestures towards the room to the left of the stairs. We walk in, Dumbledore and Ms. E take seats. I am unaware if I should stay or not.

They both turn to me. "Take a seat Lyra." Ms. E tells me. At this point I'm terrified, she almost never calls me by my first name.

I take a seat, although hesitantly. 'What if Ms. E wants to get rid of me? What did I do? Am I being sent away?' I begin to think.

"Lyra Marie Black. Parents, Marie Lena Black nee Havenwood and Sirius Orion Black. Both wizards. As are you Lyra, you are a witch. A half-blood, not that it really matters." Dumbledore tells me as my eyes widen like a deer caught in headlights.

"What are you talking about? I think you have the wrong person. I... I can't be... a witch." I stutter out of shock.

"Ah, but you are. Haven't you made anything happen when you feel an excessive amount of emotions?" He asks with a knowing look in his eyes.

I think back to the time at school when I was being bullied for being a 'know-it-all' at lunch and how the kids' drinks exploded in their faces. Or when I had fallen and broken my arm, waking up the next day and it being healed.

I shake my head in disbelief, "I am, aren't I?"

Dumbledore smiles and nods. He stands up and hands me a letter. I read it:

Ms. L Black
The room on the right of the stairs
9 Pemberley Drive
Blackburn
Lancashire

I flip it over to see a wax stamp with a crest on it. I open it and pull out the contents within.
The first thing I read is : Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry

'It's real. This is all true.'

***
*time skip to August 1st 1991*

People dressed in strange clothing flood around me, rushing to and from stores in the foreign alley. Dumbledore left me at the door of the Leaky Cauldron saying he had somewhere he needed to be and to tell Tom, the owner of the pub, to let me into Diagon Alley. So I was left alone without a clue of where to go or exactly what to do.

I look down to the list of required equipment for first years at Hogwarts. Then I start to look around for a place to get my wand until my eyes settle upon a building named 'Ollivanders: makers of fine wands since 382 B.C.' I try making my way through the crowd of people to the store. Being an eleven year old and of a small stature was a bit of an advantage making it to where I could weave through them. I make it to the door of Ollivanders as a boy with dark unruly hair walks out heading towards a giant man. I walk into Ollivanders to see that not a single soul is in there. That was until an older man came out of nowhere.

"Lyra Black, It's a pleasure to meet you. Shame what happened to your mother." says the man I assume is Mr. Ollivander.

"Y-you knew my mother?" I ask the strange man.

"Of sorts, I only met her when she came to get her wand when she was your age." Mr. Ollivander states gesturing towards me. "Hawthorn, unicorn hair, 10 3/4, unyielding flexibility. I remember it quite fondly."

"That was my mothers wand?" I asked, curious to know more.

"Yes, now let's find yours." he states as he walks over to grab a box. "Rowan, unicorn hair, 9 3/4, pliant flexibility." He hands over the wand to me. And I give a gentle wave resulting in a light bulb busting. "No, I would say not." I put it on the counter as he goes to retrieve a few more boxes.

***
As time passes and wands pile up I still haven't found my wand and it almost seems like a lost cause. But just as I'm about to give up hope Mr. Ollivander comes out with another wand and something about it feels magical. Grabbing the wand from him I feel a gust of wind and as I
wave the wand, I clean up the shop; putting everything back where it previously was.

"A very powerful wand indeed. Cypress, Phoenix feather and dragon heartstring, 10 1/2, unyielding flexibility. You will be capable of great things Lyra Black." Mr. Ollivander told me as I paid him for my wand.

"Thank you, sir. Have a nice day!" I cheered as I walked out the door staring in awe of my new companion, my wand.

Since I wasn't paying attention, I walked into something or rather someone. Looking up I see a platinum blond haired boy. He has a snooty look upon his face and eyes about the same grey as me, though a bit more silver in shine. I open my mouth to apologies only to be cut off by the boy.

"Watch where you're going! Do you know who I am?" Asks the stuck up boy.

"No, nor do I care." I state making the boy sneer at me. 'Well, that's attractive.' I thought, cringing away from him.

"Well you should mudblood." He smirked at the end of his sentence and started to walk away.

'What the hell is a mudblood? How the hell is that an insult if I don't even know what it means?' I wonder curiously as I continue on my way to buy the rest of what I need. 'I'll just have to stay away from that pompous jerk... or I could give him hell. Pranks it is.'