Shopping

Chapter 10

Getting out of bed, I hope everything between Emily and Kieran is okay. Today I need her to bring me shopping so I can get a phone, a car and clothes. Otherwise I won't be in contact with Ki and even though it's only been one night I can feel myself already aching for him so I can only imagine how bad it will get in another day or more. Getting dressed, I grabbed some breakfast and ate it quickly. Running out the door, I started to walk towards the pack house. Looking up, I can see Emily walking towards me with a big smile. Everything must have went well judging by the smile on her face.

"Morning, I guess thing went well" I smiled.

"They went great, thank you for talking to him, I owe you one" She said hugging me.

"Well in that case, I do need a favour, can you bring me into town, I need to get myself a car, phone and some clothes" I said giving her my best smile.

"Done, let's get going so, we need a full day to shop" She said as she turned around and we started walking towards the pack house.

The drive into town didn't take long especially with Emily' s driving, I surprised I didn't rip the door handle off from gripping it so tightly. That girl shouldn't be allowed near a car neither less drive on as big as this.

Finally we parked and I got out faster than I have ever moved.

"What, is there something wrong with my driving?" Emily asked confused.

"Should be more along the line of what's right with you're driving, how have you not been in accidents before?" I said shaking my head at her shocked face.

"Might have been in one or two minor accidents which were not my fault" She said with a sheepish look.

"Yeah, okay, so not you're fault" I smirked.

"Let's see how you get on driving smarty pants" Emily said sticking out her tongue like a child. I couldn't help but laugh, it's very rare to see the playful side of her.

Walking into the shopping centre, I realised I have no idea where to go first. So many shop's under the same roof.

"We can start with a phone for you" Emily said as she grabbed my arm and lead me to a phone shop.

I have absolutely know idea what phone is what and which ones are better than other's .

"I will let you pick, I don't know which is the best one" I said a little overwhelmed.

"Cool, this is the best one" She said pointing at a white phone, all I got to read was iphone before she dragged me to the counter to pay.

"Right that's one thing off the list and the man in the shop set everything up for you so all you have to do is put numbers in it, I already put Kieran' s, Callum and my number in it. Now time for my favourite part, clothes shopping" She practically screamed.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done to Emily, I have never heard that noise leave her lips before" I said bumping her shoulder.

"I just can't help it, I'm so unbelievably happy, you will see what I mean when you meet you're mate" She smiled.

The thing is I have met my mate and as much I'm excited I'm know where near her level of happiness. What is wrong with me, I should be glowing just like her but I'm not. Maybe I just need to see him again, I didn't really get to talk to him properly, so it could just be a matter of needing to get to know him better.

After three hour's, I am done shopping, I have never been so exhausted trying on clothes and shoes. I swear Emily is trying to kill me and my bank account, I don't even know how much money is on the card.

"Okay, now for a different kind of shopping, there is a couple car dealer down town. You ready to go car shopping" Emily asked.

"That I am ready for" I smiled.

Mom has made sure I know how to drive, Nate thought me when I turned sixteen, a licence isn't exactly hard to come by when you're my mother. The same pang hit my chest at the thoughts of Nate, I still haven't had a visit from him like he promised.

As for a car, I have know idea what I want til I see it. But I have to make it there alive first, Emily needs some serious driving lessons, I can't even count how many times cars have blown at us and giving us the finger. I couldn't even return it because I'm hanging on for dear life. Seeing the car dealerships come into view, my tense muscle's started to relax.

Again once she half handbraked into a parking space, I got out as quickly as possible and straightened myself up. Thank god I'm getting a car, there is no way I'm going back to the pack with her not with her driving skills.

Walking around, I couldn't decide what to get, nothing is standing out. Then I saw it, a white Audi A4 with chrome trimmings and black tinted window's. Perfect.

"Found it" I shouted at Emily.

"Yes you did, that is you're car" She said as she checked it out.

Walking inside, I found the dealer to start drawing up the papers so I can take it home today. He looked more shocked that I'm buying it outright but then again so am I, how much money did mom put on this card, I need to ask gran later.

Finally I got my key's, Emily helped me put all my bag into my car along with my new phone. I'm going to have a drive around first before I take it home. Parking up beside the nearest beach, I took out my phone and saved Ki number in it. All I need to do now is text him.

Hi Ki, it's Kara, I just got a new phone.

Putting it down on the seat beside me, I looked out at the ocean and watched the sun going down. It really is amazing and beautiful, something I rarely see. Others take it for granted and never truely take the time to sit and watch.  After a few minute's my phone beeped. Picking it up, I could see Ki' s name come up on my screen,

I was starting to think I wouldn't hear from you, are you busy tonight, I want to take you on a date X

This is my chance to get to know him better,

Yeah, what are you thinking of??

There is definitely something wrong with me, I thought my heart would race to hear from him, but something isn't connecting with me and I have know idea what it is. The day I met him, I practically drooled all over myself. Banishing my doubts to the back of my mind, I concentrated on tonight, the same feelings will be back once I see him, I reassured myself.

Meet you at 9:30 outside Marcos, they serve the best food in town. See you soon beautiful xx

Looks like I have a date, I just have to figure out how to get there without drawing attention to myself. Starting my car, I reversed onto the road and headed towards home. This is something Emily could help me with but I don't want to lie to her either, so I guess I'm on my own.