Escorting the rogue

Chapter 5

Walking into my mom's old room, I smiled, being here reminds me off home. She still has the same tastes. But settling in here makes everything seem official, I really am here til school finishes. I just hope the months fly by til I can return home. Laying down on my bed, I tried to find something in the rogue's memories that will help me persuade him into leaving that pack. But his loyaly and love for his brother is so strong, even if he knows his brother's isn't the man he used to be.

Before I knew it, the sky had turned dark and I still have no idea what to say to him. Getting off my bed, I straightened my clothes and left my room. Walking down the stairs, I found my grandmother waiting for me.

"Hey honey, you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, just trying to think of what to say to him" I said honestly.

"Don't worry, you will know what to say when the time comes" She reassured me.

"You have too much faith in me" I smiled.

"No, I have just the right amount of faith in you" She smiled and winked.

She patted me on my shoulder as I walked past her and out the door. Walking to the pack house in the dark feels kinda like home. The pack house came into view, I stopped and took a deep breath. I better pull something out of the bag or he will head straight back to his brother's pack. Rolling my shoulder, I started walking again, when I got to the door, I pushed it open, I found Callum and Kieran waiting for me.

"Hey Kara, are you okay with escorting the rouges off our land, if you're not we can find some of the warrior's to escort him" Callum said looking worried.

"Trust me, I will be fine, are you forgetting I'm a warrior too, kinda runs in the family" I joked.

"I know, but you're not used to dealing with werewolves" he said.

"I think I can handle one wolf, I was the one that knocked him out cold" I reminded them.

"Okay, okay, you're more than capable" Kieran smiled.

"So how are we going to do this, I go down there and get him or do you bring him to me?" I asked.

"We will bring him to you" Kieran told me.

I nodded and sat down on one of the chair's in the hallway as they headed off towards the cells. After fifteen minutes, I could hear footstep getting closer and closer til they stopped meters away from me. Looking up, the rouge stood there with his head held high but not smirking like he was when I came down to the cells.

"What no Dark Angel to escort me?" he asked.

"Trust me, Kara is stronger than the Dark Angel, each generation gets stronger and stronger" Callum smirked at him as his face dropped.

"Ready to leave" I asked standing up and walking towards him.

"Yeah" he said with no emotion but he wouldn't hold eye contact with me.

"Try anything and Kara will make you wish you have never been born" Kieran said in a hard tone, but winked at me.

Moving towards the door, I heard no footsteps following behind me. Shaking my head, I turned around with my face wiped of any emotions,

"Are you coming or are you too scared" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not scared" he said defensively.

"Then use you feet and start following or I will leave you here" I said sternly. I tried to hold in a laugh when he moved faster than I expected to stand beside me.