First Day of School

Chapter 2

Looking around my room for the last time for awhile, I felt an ache in my heart. Leaving here is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. The last week flew by so quickly. Today is my first day of school, I put on my favourite black leather legging, my five inch ankle boots. My favourite silver tank top and my blazer. Taking one last look at my room, I turned around and left, closing the door behind me. Walking towards the judgement room, I spotted Nate. He pushed himself off the wall and started walking towards me with a smile.

"You look gorgeous, you ready for this?" he asked.

"Honestly, no, I'm going to miss it here and everyone" I said feeling that ache again.

"I hope I'm include in that, I will visit you from time to time and see how you're getting on" he smiled.

"Of course you're one of them, really, I will hold you to that" I smiled as my heart felt like it skipped a beat at the thought of him visiting.

"Are you ready honey?" Mom said coming up behind me.

"Yeah I'm ready" I told her, without taking my eyes off Nate.

"Okay, you're father is waiting for us and so is mom " she said.

Walking towards Nate, I gave him a hug, his arms tightened around me as he breathed in my scent. I can't lie, I did the same. Something about his scent always relaxes me. I let him go, even though I wanted to stay in his arm's. Giving him one last smile, I turned away from him and walked towards mom. She gave Nate a sad look before we walked out to dad. I feel like I have just left my heart behind me. We found dad standing outside talking to some of the demon's.

"Hey, you ready Kara, their waiting on us" he smiled.

"Okay, let's get going so" I said.

Mom took our hands and I closed my eyes. It only took a split second to come to the surface. Opening my eyes, I smiled at my grandmother who is standing in front of us with a big smile. She could pass for my sister not my grandmother and the same goes for mom. She raced towards me and wrapped her arms around me.

"You have grown overnight, you look beautiful" she smiled proudly.

"So do you" I said honestly. She always looks beautiful.

"We better get going or we will have you late on you're first day, the car is just there" she said.

We walked towards the car, following her. Mom got into the front with her and dad got in the back with me. He took my hand and squeezed it, trying to reassure me. The drive only took ten minutes, I kinda hoped it would be longer. Pulling into a large car park, my grandmother parked up. Looking around, the place is packed but everyone's attention is on us. Mom and Gran, got out first, then dad and me somewhat reluctantly.

Looking around, I felt all their eyes burn into to me. Holding my head up, I didn't let their stares bother me. Walking into the school, with my family on either side of me, I took in the place. So this is what high school looks like. Plain walls and even plainer lockers. How do they expect anyone to go to this place. The feeling of dread kicked in. I'm going to be stuck here for a year. Walking into the principals office, I got met with a big smile from a woman. She looks like she is in her early forties with dark brown hair tied neatly back into a bun. Her eyes sparkle with friendliness and a smile to match. I could feel myself instantly relax in her presence.

For the next half hour she went over my schedules, my locker combination and my books. She literally described the whole layout so I don't get lost. Reading her thought's, she seems to like me but she has concerns that some of the bitchy popular girl's might take an instant dislike to me. If they do they have picked the wrong girl to go against. I don't care about the populars, they will learn the hard way not to fuck with me. From what gran said on the way here, the school is basically full of supernaturals, vampires, wolves, demon's and guardians along with a mix of each. As far as I know, like my mom, I'm the only mix of three. I think she is afraid the same thing will happen to me that happened to her. She told me how she wasn't accepted and while she was telling me I saw flashes of her memories. It's strange to think uncle Kaidyn was one of the one's who tried to hurt her.