CHAPTER II

1 year and 9 months later...

I just turned 26 a few weeks ago... 3 weeks to be exact. My mom and dad decided to give me something to keep my mind and body busy. They thought a Bussiness would be perfect so with the help of my parents and a little savings from my previous career, they provide me a small café located a few blocks from our church. So each time I went there to visit and to check up on everything, it wont be too difficult for me especially after our church attendings.

You might be wondering what happened with the past 1 year and 9 months of my life, right? Well, nothing specifically has changed, except for my perfect attendance on our church every other day and of course my little cafe. I still got those dreadful traumatic disturbances every now and then, but with the help of my parents and psychiatric therapies, I can now manage it. But not fully. And oh! Before I forgot I moved out from my place and lived together with my parents in gangnam district. I guess I can now finally comprehend  that i'm not anymore the "Lee Yeo Ri" they used to know, the one who represent the korea in swimming olympics, or the "Lee Yeo Ri" that possesses gracefulness in her body. Instead i'm Lee Yeo Ri; just an ordinary citizen of korea. But this time, I can now say that i'm a functioning member of the society with my cafe, and i'm proud of it. Going to church and owning a cafe helps me thoroughly with my life. I can say that this would be the start of my new life.

...

It was a fine perfect day when I join my mom on attending a mass, as promised. I dunno but this past few days, I keep on seeing a new guy around. He is a part of the choir, more specifically, he plays the organ and sometimes the guitar.

He used to wear a thick dark sunglasses which made me fume on his acts. I mean it is thoroughly prohibited to wear any acessories like caps and sunnies inside a religious institution because it serves as a disrespectfulness of the holy place. I try to ask my mom about he new guy from the choir but it ends up as a tease from her.

"Why do you keep on asking me who's that guy? Do you like her sweetie?" She whispered as the mass goes on. I glare at her. She just chuckled at my frown as a reply. "Mom we're in a middle of the mass, we're in the middle of a religious building, i think it is inappropriate to act-- "jeez you're too serious honey, i'm just messing with you." She mutter while completely giving me a cartooned glare. I rolled my eyes at her.

Who knew my 55 year old mom would act so childishly infront of her full-grown daughter. I kinda find it annoying.

"But she's quite handsome" she added winking at me. I can't believe my mom. "Who knows, this might be a sign from above honey, I mean you deserve a nice guy and I think he's a nice guy" she confidently said while staring at the new guy's direction.

I was really astonished by what my mom has said. Like 6 years ago , I have this suitor who come often at our house, but my mom was so against him and I need to follow my mom and dad because I love them and I don't want to let them down so we didn't ended up together thanks to them. But that doesn't stop me from having a boyfriend. I had a few relationships years ago but that doesn't ended up well.

I just rolled my eyes on her antics and said "tch! whatever mom." As a reply on her näivité.

Mom droppped me off directly to the café  after I attended the mass. The moment I went there I saw my bussiness partner who eventually became one of my friend, Choi So Hee, who's busy typing and calculating stuff on her phone. If i know, she's just busy texting her boyfriend. She was the first one to greet me and hug me tight.

"How are you darling, I miss you so much~" she coos. I rolled my eyes. "Tch. As if! We've just seen each other yesterday before I went to my therapies, you've already missed me? That's so sweet of you~" I replied trying to acquire a lil sarcasm on my thought.