Time Will Tell

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off on my cell phone. As I reached over to pick it up off of my night stand, I unplugged it from the charger then turned it off. Why did I even set my alarm? Getting out of bed, I walked to the kitchen to turn on my keurig to make some peppermint tea before turning on my music. After drinking my tea, I walked back up to my room and opened the curtains to let some sunlight in, then I started my morning routine. I got my clothes on and headed headed to my real estate agents office to go look at some houses.

"If it isn't Ms. Genesis! You ready to find your forever home?" Yasmine asked as she gave me a hug.

Yasmine has been my friend for years so she knows what I'm looking for. "Yes! I'm so excited."

"So have you told him the news yet or are you telling him when he gets back from shooting his movie?"

I sit in the chair that's in front of her desk and sigh, "No, I haven't told him yet. I don't even want to because he's already said he doesn't want any kids."

"And you told him that you weren't on any type of birth control. He's either gonna man up and take care of what's his or call it quits. Either way I'm here to help you and my unborn niece or nephew."

"Thanks girl," I say as I give her a hug. "Now lets go find me a house."

Grabbing her purse and planner she smiles," I think I have a few that you might fall in love with. But do you want to stay in the Sherman Oaks area or Corona?"

"Corona," I say as we walk out of the office and to her car.

"Why Corona?"

"If things go south, I don't think I could bare to stay in the same area as Mike," I say staring out the window. Why do I have to worry all the time? Mike and I have a wonderful loving and super supportive relationship and it may all change once I tell him that I'm pregnant.

As we headed to Corona, we talked about my residency and how I'm adjusting to being a surgeon at Del Rey Hospital. After a while we made it to the first house in Corona.

"Oh, before I forget there's a gorgeous house two houses down from me for sale as well. You want to check that one out first? I think you'll love it."

As I was thinking of something smart to say my phone started to ring. "Hey baby, how's it going?"

"Well I have some good news for you."

"What's that?"

"We finished early and I'm home waiting on your beautiful soul. I missed you."

"I've missed too. I'll be over after I'm done looking at a few houses.

"You're looking some place close by, right?"

"Yasmine got a few houses in that area to look at. The rest are in Corona."

"Aiight I'll see you once you're done, baby. But make it quick, I miss them chocolate cakes. Love you."

"I love you too."

I hung the phone up and focused on finding a house to live in with my unborn child. It's funny how I've always pictured myself a family person, wanting nothing but the best for my kids. A home with both parents and being surrounded by family. I guess life had different plans. I know Michael isn't going to be happy about this situation, but what's done is done. I have to live with the decision that we both made that night. The drive to the first house was fairly short and let me say it's was amazing!

I loved everything about this house, but it was just too big for me. "It's beautiful, but maybe something smaller. It's just me and I don't need all this space. Do you have any condos on your list?"