cherry chapstick

BRANDON
chapter three

We had landed now and we're ubering to our temporary place of residence. Effie is sitting across from me, looking out the window

Effie was looking out the window, admiring the scenery. It is drastically different than the streets of Los Angeles.

I smile to myself as I watch the excited girl who was seeing something new other than the California soil she grew up on.

"Effie." I say, snapping her out of her trance.

She looks over at me. "What's up?"

"We're almost there."

I was unsure of what to say after I said her name. I just wanted to talk to her and hear her voice.

"Okay." She smiles.

"I can't thank you enough for taking me here." She adds, looking out the window once more. "It's so beautiful."

I occasionally glance over at her as her eyes remain transfixed on the sight around us.

I listened to her sudden outbursts she had every now and then when she saw something pretty or worth questioning.

I did these things for the rest of the ride, taking in a new feature of hers everytime I looked over at her.

She has dark hair and these incredible brown eyes that turned a caramel color when the sun hit them.

Her lips were full and usually were covered in chapstick.

I noticed this particular thing on the plane.

Its insane how often she reaches into her back pocket and extracts her cherry chapstick.

I also noticed how she doesn't touch the top lip with the chapstick. She simply coats it onto her bottom lip and pops her lips together.

She also has a rose tattoo on her left ankle. Thats something I had picked up while waiting for the uber to arrive.

She is very pretty.

I couldn't deny that even if I tried.