Chapter Three

Disclaimer - All recognisable characters belong to their original owners. I do not make a profit from writing this; I simply do it for my own amusement. No copyright infringement intended.

Chapter Three

Bella

"Why are you so excited to go to a vampire bar?" I asked Rosalie as we drove along the dark roads to Port Angeles. Rosalie didn't appear to show that much interest in vampires and was even suspicious of Edward up until she had him tailed.

"It's a new experience," she said, her phone lighting up the back of the car.

I just raised my eyebrow as I looked at Edward. I wouldn't say I was excited to go to a vampire bar – I was definitely curious to see what it would be like.

"You'll need to be careful tonight," Edward said as he looked in the rearview mirror as Rose. "Not only do you both smell incredible but you also both look like vampire bait." He continued, looking down at my legs where my work shorts ended.

"We look like vampire bait?" Rose asked as she looked at herself. Black's uniforms were simple, a white top, black shorts or jeans and trainers and an apron when we were working.

"Yes. You both look... delectable," his eyes met mine and I blushed, my thoughts turning rude and my body becoming hot.

"Can you two stop please?" Rose asked, rolling her eyes. "There's enough sexual tension between you two as it is." I giggled at her comment.

"How are we going to find out if Irina and the others have been there?" I asked. I didn't know if Edward had a plan, but I could almost guarantee that Rose would have one.

"I have their pictures on my phone," Rose said as she waved the glowing object at me.

"Why do you have their pictures on your phone?" Edward asked, just as curious as I was.

Rose's eyes met mine in the mirror and I instantly knew what she'd been up to.

"You've been asking other people about them, haven't you?" I questioned, knowing I already had the answer. Rose gave me a shy nod and I turned round in my seat.

"Are you insane? You could have been severely hurt! We're obviously dealing with a psycho and you're just running around town asking anybody and everybody if they know what might have happened to those girls!" I was angry with Rose – I understood she wanted to find the killer but didn't she understand that she was putting herself at risk. People talked in Forks and the killer may be aware that Rose was snooping around.

"Leave off Bella," Rose told me, sitting forward in her seat. "I was discreet about it and only did it so I could read their minds. And for your information, no I didn't find anything out. They kept their nocturnal activities a secret."

"Bella's right Rose," Edward said from the driver's seat, his eyes watching us in the mirror. "We're dealing with someone who is obviously unstable and we don't need you getting yourself into trouble."

Rosalie huffed as she flopped back in her seat, her way of admitting we were right. I smiled triumphantly as I turned around and Edward took his eyes off the road to smile back at me, and place a comforting hand on mine.

"What are you guys, my parents?" Rosalie joked and I shook my head. She really was like a teenager sometimes.

"What's the name of the bar we're going to anyway?" She asked.

"Fangtasia," Edward answered calmly as my head shot to his.

"FANGtasia?" I asked slowly as he nodded and a smile appeared on his face. "The owner isn't very creative."