Interrogations and conclusions

Start from the beginning

.

.

"Coffee?" she asked forwarding him a cup.

Arnav looked up from where he was sitting and smiled, "Thanks" he took the cup and she joined him near the poolside dipping her legs in the water.

"What's the news about Aman?" Khushi asked.

"Police are searching for him. They have interrogated di, me and Ivan!" he said.

"I hope they find him soon!" Khushi whispered.

"He...." Arnav whispered, "He said that Aman is dead...."

"No..." Khushi cried, "Don't say so....Aman cannot die. No...he has to live!"

"But he said..."

"May be he was trying to fool us. He also said that one among us is paying him....like rubbish...why would one among us turn against us?" Khushi said and he hummed.

Sipping the coffee he scrunched his eyebrows but soon faked it with a smile. Khushi noticed it and asked worried, "What's wrong? Does it taste bad?"

"Umm...not that....err...I like milk in coffee" he said sheepishly.

"Oh"

"Khushi coffee..." Arnav called out.

Biting her lip she forwarded him the cup who sipped it without a second look. The next moment he spit it out.

"Why the hell did you add milk in it?" he asked angrily.

"Woh kya hai na Nani ji and mami ji didn't drink milk. So milk is remaining and it won't stay for long. We have to use it by tonight!"

"So? You added milk in my coffee....Khushi you know that I love black coffee..."

"Just adjust for a day Arnav ji!" she whined.

"No way!" he said and slammed the cup on the table.

"It's okay" he said and she was snapped from her thoughts.

"It's okay...I'll have it" he said smiling.

"No" she said and snatched the cup, "I'll get another one for you. I'm sorry I didn't ask you...umm...old habits don't die!" she chuckled nervously.

He raised an eyebrow, "I used to drink black coffee?"

"Drink? Your whole existence depended on this black liquid!" Khushi cried and Arnav chuckled.

She proceeded to stand when he held her hand. Making her sit next to him, he asked, "What all strange things did ASR love?"

"Hmm...." Khushi faked a thinking, "ASR loved his laptop, Bluetooth, toast and juice, black colour, office, files blah blah..."

"And Arnav?" he asked smiling.

She looked at him.

"What does Arnav love?" he asked softly.

"Arnav ji loves gardening, sweaters even during summer seasons....I know.....crazy...badam kheer, gulab jamun although he shouldn't eat sweets....he loves this poolside, staring up at the sky, complete silence.....peaceful atmosphere is what he loves the most...."

Arnav smiled and looked around the poolside, "Like this? Did we often sit here like this?"

She looked away and hummed.

Arnav looked at her and under moonlight he could see tears dropping down her eyes. Sighing he wrapped an arm around her. She looked at him in a snap and then at the arm around her shoulder.

"What?" he asked chuckling, "Haven't I held you like this?"

"You have held me in many ways!" she said and suddenly widened her eyes, "Oh no....."

He chuckled and she cried, "That sounded so wrong...."

"Batao....where else have I held you?" he asked with a naughty glint.

"Stop!" she said slapping his hand and swatted it from her shoulder. She stood up with her face red and turned to go.

"Arrey...bolo..." he said laughing and held her arm. He turned her to him and wrapped an arm around her waist. Pulling her close, he asked huskily, "Have I held you like this?"

Khushi sucked breath and her lips parted.

With his one hand around her waist, he ran his fingers through her nape. She closed her eyes and gulped as he held her by nape and tilted her head upward.

"Like this...?" he whispered.

"Arnav...." she moaned.

Arnav chuckled and stepped backwards, his hands leaving her. Khushi gasped and opened her eyes.

"Conclusion: I have held you in many ways!" Arnav said smirking.

"What the!" Khushi said.

"Aman once told me that it's ASR....that's me by the way, hello....ASR's line...." Arnav said crossing his arms under his chest.

Khushi stomped her foot and he said chuckling, "You look cute when you're angry! Ah, look at your nose. Lal ho gayi!"

Khushi slapped his chest and said, "Laad governor!"

Arnav laughed and hugged her.

Khushi smiled and hugged him tight. "It's been so long" she whispered.

"Didn't you sexually assault me from the restaurant that day? You pulled me into a hug! Damn it took me a hell lot of self control!" he said laughing.

"Arnav ji!" she cried and slapped his back. "Sorry" he said cheekily and rested his chin over her head.

"Do you remember anything?" she whispered.

"No" he said.

She said nothing but held on tightly.

"But being here with you....here in RM....nothing feels strange. As if I belong here!" he whispered.

Khushi smiled and he could feel her hold relaxing.