Chapter 1

Athena's POV 

Hi, let me introduce myself I'm Athena Cordelia Demetrius. I'm just a normal 23 year old girl who just got out of university with a job as a waitress as I'm not getting any job worth my qualifications right now. 

Being the only person working in the house, I have been working ever since my mom got back problems. Till now life has been great and I have nothing to complain about. There are definitely many things that happened in the past that has shaped me into the person that I am today but surely I'm left broken. 

I never wish for anyone to go through what I have been through a couple of years ago but now I'm much better. I was very depressed after I got to know that my mom got sick and accompanied with some horrid experiences, I was slowly feeling dead inside. But then one day my mom gave me a book for my birthday and that book had a huge impact on me. It definitely helped me out of my depression. The author, Pegasus, has a beautiful way of describing life in different perspectives and making me hope for love one day. Pegasus ended up being my savior and well he is a very famous person. His words has bring me back to life and I'm very thankful for that.

Now I'm much better but I'm still having a hard time trusting people around me. Yeah I have trust issues. Having severe depression, I was very suicidal and resorted to self- harm. I couldn't talk to my brother or my mom about that. So yeah that's how a book helped me fight my depression. And yeah I have an amazing family who has always supported me. I have a little brother, Eros, and we live with our beloved mother. Sadly I lost my dad when I was ten years old and Eros was five years old. It was hard for me at the start because I would always cry whenever I would see fathers coming to pick up their kids but my mom was always there to hold me. I miss my dad so much but my mom has really been strong when she needed to be. Now it is my turn to be strong for my family.

"Delia," I heard Eros said as he got into my room. Eros and my mom call me Delia short for Cordelia which is my middle name and they are the only people who call me that to others I'm Athena. "Yea Eros," I said as he came and laid down beside me. "I have been meaning to talk to you about something Delia," he said looking a little bit nervous. "I'm all ears Eros, shoot," I said as he inhaled deeply. Oh well he seems to be really nervous. "You know how much I love architecture right," he said and I nodded. "As I'm nearly finishing school, I have been thinking to apply to some universities now," he said as he looked straight at the ceiling. "That is amazing Eros. If that is what you want then," I said feeling proud of my baby brother. "Delia the university that I have been really wanting to go to is in Greece," he said in a raspy voice. "And it's kind of expensive," he said as he covered his face with my pillow. "That's fine Eros I'm gonna find a way to get enough money. You will fulfill your dream and I'll always be there to help you my lovely brother," I said as I hugged him. As soon as I said those words, his eyes lit up and he hugged me back. "You are the best sister in the whole wide world. But Delia it's fine if you can't get the money. I'll just study here," he said making my heart squeeze. "I'll do my best Eros and you will get the best,"  I said as he smiled at me. Thanking me for the thousandth time, he finally walked out of the door. Okay now I have to figure out how I'm gonna save all the money for his studies. I have savings so that is a great start.

"Hi Mr Parker... Yes it's Athena... I was wondering if I could get some extra shift... Yes thank you so much sir.... I'll see you tomorrow sir," I finally hung up. Mr Parker is the owner of the fancy café where I work. He has been paying me well and the extra that I'm gonna get from the extra shifts is gonna be worth it. I just hope that I'll be able to save up enough for Eros. My brother is full of creativity and I want what's best for him. So if it means working two times more it's gonna be worth it in the end. Well my mom can't work anymore because of her back so I'm supporting my family the best I can.