Chapter 26

Dameion pov:
Kronos stayed silent for a while. It felt weird having a boy who was physically younger than you, stare at you with eyes that held not only immense power but also an age that spoke volumes of the persons character. It was easy to see the psychotic side of the Titan, the other sides didn't show as clearly but were visible if you looked hard enough. Mercy, leadership, pain, regret, anger, fear, and a few more were present but toned done a lot. At this point Kronos decided to speak.

"Your leadership and stubbornness has lead you this far Dameion. A feat that does deserve some praise... but I come to warn you that your world is going to change." Kronos said.

"Why? You planning to try to take over again?" Annabeth asked.

Kronos laughed.

"No child. I'm not. I don't have to. My fortress and throne should be close to completion by now. No. I can promise you it's not me who will be causing the world to change. Those gods will do it themselves. I won't have much time to wait before I'll have an alliance with my own children." Kronos said as he looked at his scythe.

"The gods would never join forces or make an alliance with you! You claim they will change the world but they haven't caused any issues with their changes and are doing a hundred times better than you did." Isabelle said.

"Foolish female mutt. I would suggest being quiet when you don't know of what you speak." Kronos said as he faced Isabelle. He waited a second before he turned back to me.

"Now I believe I have said enough on those matters at this point. I will be taking my leave but before I go a gift for you." Kronos said before snapping his fingers.

I felt the stump of my leg burn with a fiery pain. I screamed as I felt something hot sear my stump before I felt a rotation to the right. It kept rotating until I heard a loud click. The pain started fading rapidly as I breathed in heavily. I looked at what used to be my stump to see a metal leg now attached to me.

"What... the hell... did..-" I was cut off by Kronos raising his hand to silence me.

"Like I said. It's a gift. No strings attached. Now try wiggling your toes." He said. I grudgingly did as he asked.

"Your other toes." Kronos said. I took a few moments before trying. To my surprise and delight my metal toes moved. They moved as if they were my own and not a replacement.

"Good. They seem to work and should be beneficial after what's going to happen next." He said. He then turned around and walked away without a word more.

"What the hades does that mean? 'Beneficial after what's going to happen'! That doesn't tell us anything." Annabeth pouted. I guess she still didn't like not knowing something.

"Alabaster. Get John and a few others, I want you guys to attend to the wounded and get a second team to start clearing the field of bodies and supplies." I said. Alabaster acknowledged before he went looking for John.

I got up from the floor before walking towards the nearest door to leave the area.

"Dameion where are you going?" Annabeth asked as she started to follow me.

"To my home in order to rest. I may have a new working leg, but it is still sore and walking on it while easy is not without pain." I said as I felt the throbbing pain originate from my leg with every step.

I continued to walk forward and Annabeth followed. Amazingly enough she didn't say a single word as we moved down different hallways. I opened the final door and out before us was a small waterfall that collected in a small pond at the bottom. There was a few trees around and gave it a foresty feel and look. I had a small tent propped beside the pond and inside was a few items of mine and of course the pelt bed-chair that I've had for a while.

I walked inside and laid down on my bed as I sighed. Annabeth followed me inside and stood in the doorway to my tent.

"Is there something you need?" I asked in clear annoyance.

"I feel like we need to tell the gods about what happened today." Annabeth said.

"There's plenty of fountains around to send messages if you wish. Just use one of those." I said as I closed my eyes to relax in my bed-chair. When I didn't hear her leave I opened one eye to see her still standing there.

"I meant in person dameion." Annabeth said as she crossed her arms.

"Ok then go. I won't stop you." I said.

"No. You have to come with us." She said.

I opened both of my eyes to look at the girl in front of me.

"Why would I do that?" I asked as I sat up to face her.

"You want to stay here right? You want the gods to leave you alone right? What better way then to present yourself to the council in a sign of good faith to prove not only that your not a threat but you are a great ally who can help the world more." She said.

I thought about it before speaking.

"Ok miss Chase. You have a point but if I am double crossed or this ends poorly I will be holding you accountable and I promise pain like you've never seen. Do I make myself clear?" I asked.

Annabeth nodded.

"Good. We can leave tomorrow. Now get out of here so I may rest." I said.

Annabeth paused for a second before she left my tent. I walked to the entrance and sealed it so it wouldn't be opened till I chose to open it.
I then went back to my bed-chair and laid down before I entered a fitful dream.
0000000000000000000000000000000000

An: comment if you like. Or if you think you know what Kronos meant.

On a side note this book is almost done and will end in a chapter or two.