7. Gift

Summary: Ravus gives Stella unusual gift.  Pre-game.

FinalFantasyXV

Ravus stood in front of the doors of Stella's room, still for a moment, before knocking.

"Come in," Stella said.

Ex-prince grabbed the knobs, turning them and thus entering the room.

Stella's room was similar to Lunafreya's, except it was colored in all shades of purple, while Luna's was blue, and instead of Sylleblossoms in vases, it was purple Asters – Stella's favorite flowers.

The owner of the room herself was sitting on couch, reading a book; when Ravus entered, she raised her head from the book and smiled.

"Hi, Rave," Stella greeted her older brother, bookmarking the page, before closing it and placing it on couch beside her; sometimes when they were alone, the ex-princess called her brother the nickname she had given him when she was little; She couldn't pronounce Ravus' name back then, and called him 'Rave' and it stuck. The ex-prince only allowed his sisters to call him such and no one else.

"Hello, Stella," Ravus sat beside his sister on couch and kissed her forehead, smiling slightly. "Happy Birthday."

"Thank you," Stella said. "Hey, Rae, are you free today? Maria baked a cake, and Luna and I going to drink tea with it in the alcove. Will you join us?" She asked, hoping her brother would say 'yes'.

"Unfortunately, no," Ravus said shaking his head. "I have work I need to do."

"Oh," Stella's face fell. Ever since Ravus joined Empire's military, he spent time with her and Luna less and less. She hoped what, at least, today he would be free, but no such luck. "That's okay. I understand. I'll save you a piece of cake. "

"I have a gift for you," Ravus said, handing his sister a package, he brought with him, hoping to lift Stella's mood and  the change topic.

Stella took the package, ripping the paper off, and let out a gasp, once she saw what was inside.

It was a long rapier with golden, winged hilt.

"A rapier?" She asked, feeling a little confused; Ravus was always against the idea of her having a weapon no matter how much she asked for one, even a dagger. And now, he was gifting her rapier?

"I thought, you will need a weapon to protect yourself with, if I'm not around," Ravus explained his choice of a gift. He still didn't like idea of Stella having a weapon, but he also knew he wouldn't be always near to protect, so he decided gift Stella a rapier, so she could learn wield it and then protect herself one day, if need arose.

"Thank you, Ravus," the blonde thanked her brother. She bit her lower lip a moment later, hesitant. "Um, if it is not much trouble could you... teach me how to wield it?"

"It is no trouble at all," the teen said. "But do not expect me to go easy on you, just because you are my little sister. You will listen to my instructions and do them without complain. "

"Sir, yes sir!" Stella joked, bringing a hand to her temple, imitating a soldier, who gave a salute.

Ravus rolled his eyes at the young girl's antics, though there was a hint of a smile on his lips.

Stella returned the smile. 

Then, later Ravus left, and Stella was alone.

She looked at the rapier and smiled.

It was unusual gift, but she loved it nonetheless.