6. Fairytale

Summary: Ravus reads his sisters a bedtime story. Set pre-game, before Tenebrae's invasion. 

FinalFantasyXV

Ravus was getting ready to sleep, when someone knocked on the double doors of his room.

The doors opened and Lunafreya in her night clothes entered together with Stella, who was also dressed in her night clothes, and was pressing her stuffed moogle to her chest with one hand, while other was holding Luna's hand.

"Stella? Lunafreya?" Ravus blinked in surprise at his sisters. "Should not you two be asleep?" he asked, looking at the clock on his nightstand. It showed 10:30 p.m. Usually they were asleep by this time.

"We couldn't sleep," nine year old Luna replied. "So, we came to you."

"Read us a fairytale?" Stella asked, her purple eyes, big and pleading. "You read them the best!"

Ravus sighed. For some reason, Stella and Lunafreya loved, when he read them a bedtime story, especially youngest of the two; he didn't know why they enjoyed bedtime stories the most, when he read them; he read them usually, like Maria or Mother, but girls insisted he told them the best, saying he acted out all parts. He still didn't understand their reasoning, but read them fairytales anyway.

"Aren't you too old for fairytales now, Lunafreya?" the Prince asked looking at nine year old girl.

"If you read them no." Lunafreya shook her head with a smile.

"So please read us?" Stella asked again, her voice and eyes pleading.

As he looked into his sisters' eyes, Ravus sighed again. They surely knew how to convince him, haven't they? They have him wrapped around their fingers, and they know it. But Ravus didn't love them less for that, and he didn't mind that as much he should.

"If I read you fairytale will you go to bed?" Ravus asked, deciding to give girls what they wanted.

"Yes!" the princesses said happily in unison.

"Then, get in," the teen said spreading the covers of his bed.

Lunafreya helped Stella get in bed, and then got in herself. Ravus was between them, sisters snuggled into either side of him.

"So what do you want me to read?"

"This!" Luna showed him the book; it was The Wild Swans by an author, whose name was lost to the time. It was girls' favorite fairytale.

The Prince chuckled, shaking his head. They knew he was going to agree and brought the book with them.

Ravus takes the book from Lunafreya, opens it and begins to read; Sisters listen with rapt attention.

"Far away in the land to which the swallows fly when it is winter, dwelt a king who had eleven sons, and one daughter, named Eliza..."

FinalFantasyXV

"...And a marriage procession returned to the castle, such as no king had ever before seen," Ravus finished and closed the book.

He looked at his sisters; they were asleep, snuggled into him.

They agreed that they would return to their beds once he read them the book; now, they were asleep and Ravus didn't want to wake them.

Ravus adjusted the blanket on the girls, turned the lights off, and also began falling asleep.

They could sleep with him. Just this once.

He just has to not to turn it into habit.