Chapter Six

"Oh?" Anthony annotated his voice chockfull of mock realisation, "Prove it."

It started to feel like a drama series to Aria. Next, in order to prove something that was not, Kyle Winston would kiss her. 

"Well, there’s nothing I get for proving it to you." 

Then he led her out.

"Okay, so let me get you right. You can do this sort of thing to your boss and get away with it?" 

"Right."

"Tell me more about you knowing the whole situation."

"Come on, bitch. I know a lot of things you don't know."

Kyle Winston sat down on his seat as they reached his compartment. Aria remained standing; mildly irritated and her arms crossed.

"Tell me more about what you know that I don't know." Aria enunciated slowly.

"Stop annoying me, Miss Airy-"

"Aria."

He rolled his amber eyes and swivelled his chair so he faced her. "Areeya, or do you want me to tell Sir Anthony Bentley that the whole facade is indeed a facade?" He smirked.

"No!" 

"Well, then?" His smirk dropped back into annoyance and he swivelled his chair back to the screen. 

"Why are you helping me?"

Obviously he was end of his patience as he tapped the floor so hard with his feet that the chair swivelled to face her again.

"Because the-sixth-letter-of-the-alphabet-the-four-lettered-word you that’s why."

"Your reason is invalid." Aria shot back, glaring. 

Kyle Winston put force on her shoulder, urging her to sit down, which she did.

"How about we make a deal," Kyle Winston stared into her eyes. "I'll act as your boyfriend and you'll act as my girlfriend and you get to keep up the damn facade with that asshole poker face and I get my well deserved peace."

"But-"

"But what? You agreed to the deal already! So get back to your compartment, as in now, I'm your superior, you do know that, right, airhead?"

"Uh huh, but when did I agree-"

"You just did,"

"Okay. Superior Sir Kyle Winston, I'm on and off to my compartment to do my assigned work now." Aria growled.

She walked back seething, her jaws and fists clenched.

"Hey, you alright?" Cassidy had sidled into one of her cubicle seats and grabbed her as she came into sight. "We all saw Kyle grabbing you out."

"Nothing."

"Truth to be said he may seem indifferent and all but actually after you went into Mr Bentley's room he actually stood outside the door for awhile."

"Oh." Aria looked pointedly at her keyboard.

"Spill the beans, Aria. Nothing's a secret for long in the department." Cassidy said loftily.

Just then, Aria felt something overhead her and she looked up at a familiar face.

Kyle Winston was drinking coffee over her head.

"Don't take it to heart; we're just in a romantic relationship." 

Leaving them to their own expressions, he stalked off to the office pantry. Almost immediately, many people rose from their seats.

"Since when?" Someone said.

She was getting a lot of attention; some unwelcome. She could think among the lines of- so she had help in getting her job, I see-. 

"Uh.. actually-"

"Actually we met each other during high school, turned out we liked each other but never told." Kyle Winston suddenly arrived at her side again, the aroma of fresh coffee in the air.

Cassidy gave Aria a surprised look. She had seen his reaction to her when he "first" met her and she had not bought the story. 

"Go back to your work people, we can discuss this after office hours!" Cassidy ordered. 

The whole department erupted into volleys of tsks. Then Aria's handphone rang.

Cassidy gave her a knowing look which she returned with an apologetic sheepish grin as she looked down to her phone. It was a message from a number she never stored on her phone.

"Hey Aria, Dez here. Rmb to store my no! I'll pick you up aft work okay? Special guest ;)"

She checked the time. She'd only arrived a couple of hours before end of office hours for her first day and there was only fifteen minutes left.

"Okay, thx :)" She replied. 

Her computer beeped and a pop up appeared in the middle of the screen.

"From Mr Winston

Summarise how the company plans to increase the welfare standards of our employees and why it will, from last meeting. Send the soft copy of it back to me by the last minute of office hours."

She spotted an empty quote bubble and pressed on it to realise they could give replies.

"Mr Winston, seriously?"

Almost immediately she got her reply.

"Yes, Miss Luce. As soon as possible, but by the last minute of office hours."

Tempted to give him an annoyed emoticon, she hurriedly began summarising her document. 

"The company will start increasing pay packets by end of June in hopes of motivating them. Offices with maximum only two per room will be provided by the middle of July so that they will enjoy working in a comfortable environment..."

"..Furthermore, with effect from the relocation, the company will allow their employees to decorate their workplaces to a decent extent."

She had finished her work a minute early. Saving the document, she opened her assignment tab and dragged it into the conversation.

"Recieved. Remember to keep up the facade until we're out of sight."

"FINE."

Aria felt vexed as she started packing up the little she brought. 

A/N: Just didn't feel like writing from that part onwards, lol :l This is me ranting randomly: oh shut up shut up shut up, can you please oh shut up, shut up, shut up, people would like to hear the world, dance, not because of the price tag, whoa o. See? I think I'm going crazy.

Tell me your impression of Dez, Anthony and Kyle. Each impression must not be less than nine words. Then I'll fan you :D