Chapter One

^For awesome cover :D

"Oh my, young miss, please allow me to buy you set of clothes!" The middle-aged office woman offered.

"No, its definitely alright ma'am." Aria smiled. "Its just a little spot of dirt, I'm sure my interviewer won't notice. I really have got to go now."

Alarmingly, the office woman looked a little dismayed. Then she smiled.

"Here," she passed a slip of paper to Aria. "My name card. You have to contact me when you're free."

Aria nodded, giving a little smile before she hurried off to the taxi stand. Flagging down one she got in quickly and glanced at her watch. The salary they offered her had exceeded her expectations by a good margin and she could really make use of a car.

Her heart was pounding really quickly and the ride seemed like forever. To add on to her anxiety, the roads were jammed bumper to bumper. Once they reached, Aria hastily stuffed an adequate amount of money to the taxi driver and half-walked half-ran into the huge skyscraper.

She let herself rest two seconds once she reached the reception counter.

"Good morning, Miss. I am here for an interview, my name is Aria Luce." She said breathlessly. Nodding vigorously when the receptionist pointed to the door to the right, she bowed a little.

Opening the door, Aria found herself in a room leading to another room.

She heaved a sigh of relief to see that there was at least one person still waiting for her interview even though she was half an hour late.

Filling in her application form, she passed it to the attendant guarding what she supposed was the interview room's door. 

The door opened and one of the interviewees confidently strolled out.

They all seemed around her age.

The attendant went into the room and came out inviting the next person to enter. Aria felt herself shiver a little bit and hoped the patch of black on her white shirt wouldn't affect her chances.

Suddenly the door opened and the girl that went in before her came crying out. Aria's eyes widened in disbelief; what exactly were the interview questions?

The attendant went in again.

She was the only one left in the stone cold room. With the freezing cold air conditioner blowing directly in her face.

"Aria, you can do it!" She told herself.

The attendant reemerged and nodded at Aria. Pulling open the door, she found a familiar face. Seated behind the mahogany table; could it be the woman she helped earlier?

Confusion was apparent in the woman's face. Then it broke into a wide, sincere smile that showed off her white teeth.

"Oh, I've found the one that I want!" She seemed really happy to see her.

"However, we shall now discuss something on a heavier note." The office woman said. Even her tone seemed serious. "Do have a seat."

"Please address me as Ms Bentley. You are- Miss Luce. Miss Luce, do you know what this interview is for?"

"Uh, no. Wait, is this an interview question?"

"No, honey, you've already passed my interview. Then, I will fill you in. I am interviewing for a daughter in law." 

Aria's jaw dropped.

Ms Bentley took in her expression quite well. Taking a deep breath, she looked down at her laptop screen.

"There are many benefits. The first one is that you get to pick between two of my incredibly handsome sons that have been raised with delicacy. The second benefit is that you will get much wealth because whoever you choose to marry will get forty percent of the company shares."

"Uh-"

"From my investigator," Ms Bentley continued, "Next door, also known as my secretary, you only have your sister living with you."

Screw, checking the backgrounds of a prospective employee -cough- is legal?

"For this wonderful deal, you will belong to the Bentley family. For cases in which both my sons do not like you and or I decide not to have you in the Bentley family the deal will be over. However, you will be receiving a hundred grand for the severance pay."

"Sorry, I do not accept-"

"And, the Bentley family will find and let you and your sibling meet your parents again." Ms Bentley finally looked away from the screen and at her. With another of her smiles. Taking a piece of paper from what Aria supposed was a desk compartment, she placed it neatly on the table with a pen.

Hi there, you've reached the end of "Interview For A Daughter In Law" Chapter One. Do comment, and vote if you want to! Thanks in advance :)