Wednesday

Hey, it's Michael sorry I missed your call but leave a message and I'll get back to ya.

"Michael this is my tenth time calling you. Can you please answer. Text me. Something?"

Malaysia had been riding around town trying to figure out where Michael could be. She went to his house two towns over and his aunt hadn't seen him. She went to his favorite spots and when she didn't find him there, she bashed herself for not turning on his location to avoid this run around.

She'd been up since he left the house the previous night. She thought he'd at least send her a text saying not to worry, he's fine and at one of his boys house or a hotel. Just something - but that wasn't the case.

Beep! Beeeeeep!

May raised her eyes to see the light had turned green then through her mirror to see an impatient man yelling at her to go - which she eventually did. Making her way to little five points to search there, and as she was getting out the car her phone rang.

"Hello?!"

"Yo, May where are you?"

"Oh, hey Kehlani"

"Well damn, nice to hear your voice too."

May chuckled unbuckling her seatbelt but not actually moving because she was drained

"Sorry, I haven't slept. What's up girl?"

"Nothing, I just got to my moms house." She paused shuffling in the background "wanted to see if you wanted to hang because I know your mans is here."

"He's a bit upset with me, I'm not even sure where he is." She sighed

"Hmm, how bout we go out tonight and by the time we get back he should be home."

"And how do you know that?"

"My nigga senses are tingling sis, don't worry."

They both chuckled and agreed to meeting at some bar around nine before disconnecting

++++++

Adjusting her yellow tube top and high waist joggers, May locked her car door and headed over to Axels. Nodding to the bouncer, she made her way in and immediately found Kehlani with drink in hand and guy in face.

"Ayo, can you give me and my girl a minute?" May said sizing the guy up who furrowed his brows before excusing himself

"He was fine, why'd you do that?" Kay questioned

"If I didn't say anything you would've kept talking and it's girls night out."

"Not for long." She smirked

"What do y-"

She was stopped mid sentence by Kay who said "three, two, one and ... there's our boy."

On cue Michael walked in with his boys Jay and Tye. Her heart sped up, her blood boiled and she wasn't sure why her emotions were so mixed up but she gave them time to settle into a corner before she walked over to them, Kehlani right on her heels.

Michaels laugh gave her chills even with the music blaring over it and she had to tighten up. She hasn't heard from him and here he was living his best fucking life.

May stopped mid track when a girl swept her way to Michael's table.

"Hey I'm Kam." A girl introduced to Michael cutting her off.

Tapping lightly on the girls shoulder with a smile on her face. "Those two are up for grabs but not this one."

"Ah shit my nigga caught." Jay mumbled making Tye laugh

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me sis." The girl looked down on May rolling her eyes and then looking back at Michael moving closer

"When you get done with her, I'll be over at the bar." Before May knew it she was standing chest to face with homegirl ready to mush her in the face if needed

"I said he's off limits. Now, go back to your corner or I swear I'll drag ya ass all around this bar." She grimaced pushing the girl making her trip a bit before disappearing

Everyone was staring at her by now and she wasn't the least bit embarrassed.

"Malaysia, lets go." Michael said dragging her outside

"Get off me."

"Yo what was that?"

"I was trying to talk to you and she was in my way."

"So you size her up?" He shook his head

"Don't flip this on me. I haven't heard from you at all and you're trying to get on me?"

"I didn't talk to you for two days last week."

"But you knew where I was! I went everywhere looking for you, I called you multiple times, left over twelve messages and nothing! That's fucked up b!"

"I needed space and I gave you yours." He shrugged

May laughed shaking her head. "That's all you have to say? Seriously?"

"You distanced ya self so I did the same."

"Because," she groaned

"Because what? You never give me solid answers."

She sat there looking between him and the ground, her throat suddenly full to where she didn't think she could speak.

"So I'll just leave." He said turning back but not getting far due to Malaysia grabbing his arm

"I'm breaking down Bakari." She sighed plopping down on the ground leaning against the wall of the bar, Michael following suit

"Everything is too much. The shit with my aunt, we've been together so long and we say we love one another but we still tip toe around those words and it makes me anxious. My anxiety has been taking over all of my thoughts and I'm trying to do better for you, for my aunt but I feel like I'm not. She'll leave then you'll leave and then I'm left alone forever."

Michael wiped the tears from May's face as she spoke. She was his babygirl, his favorite girl - after his momma of course. He never wanted to see her in this state even though this is what he'd been waiting for.

"May, baby, chill aight? Your auntie is gonna be good, everything that's going on with her is in God's hands. As for us, we're good okay? I love you, I'm in love with you and you know that and I don't want you questioning it or if I'd ever leave. We may be in two different places because I'm in school but, we're going to make a future for us. I promise."

May smiled through tears with her puffy eyes before Michael pulled her in and kissed her all over, her lips being the last stop.

"I love you too Bakari. We can go back inside now."

"You sure, 'cause we can dip if you want?"

She shook her head, standing up to her feet. "Nah, I'm good. Just don't let that bitch get in your face again or I'll rip her shit."

"She was cute though, you seen her ass?"

May looked up at him before nodding as they continued to walk back inside "yea it was pretty nice but, you're mine and she was liable but she's petty so that's out."

The two laughed before joining their friends and vibing the rest of the night, boo'd up and petty unknown girl grilling them from the other side of the bar with her girls.

—————

"Hey Auntie" hahahaha- I'm annoying. Lemme know if y'all are feeling this chapter because I'm still iffy with it.

Also send ya girl some Netflix/music suggestions because I always need things to watch and listen to