"hey, mel." mickey said.

"hey, mick." i replied with a smile.

i was glad to see him. he was supposed to be in there for 14 years, 8 with good behavior.

"how've you been?" mickey asked me.

i knew what he was asking, he wanted to know how i was doing after my grandmothers passing. the last time he saw me was at the funeral.

"i've been alright, how's things in here?" i asked him.

"you know, i'm used to it by now. you and lip still together i hope?" mickey said looking up at me.

"yeah, lip and i are great." i replied as we both smiled.

-

i went to the gallagher house since they were having a party for carl's return from prison. kev and veronica also showed up and i saw emma was sitting on the couch next to carl. mike was in the kitchen with the rest of us.

we walked into the living room singing he's a jolly good fellow, while fiona brought in the cake and put it down on the coffee table.

carl rolled his eyes when he saw that the cake said something strange and it was bright pink. either way, i was gonna eat it.

"it's all they had left." fiona told him as carl blew out the candles and we clapped.

"these my eggs?" carl asked when veronica put down the plate.

"mm hmm." fiona hummed.

"he didn't even make a wish." liam said.

"so, carl, lot of the kids in there having to take it up the ass to survive?" kevin asked as veronica hit his arm.

"kevin!" veronica said.

"what? that's what everyone's thinking, right?" kevin asked.

"no, that's not at all what everybody was thinking, kev." mike said.

we all heard pounding at the door and i noticed carl stood up from the couch.

"that's my sleep over." carl said going over to the door.

"he didn't answer." kevin said.

"drop it, kev." emma said with a cringe look on her face.

"this is nick." carl said introducing his scary black friend.

"holy shit." frank said.

"all right, i'll show you around the crib later, let's hit up the boys first." carl said to his friend nick.

"carl." fiona said.

"oh. yeah. thanks for the party. good seeing you all. great to be home. later." carl said leaving with his friend nick.

we could all tell that carl was different, i noticed that he had cornrows done now and he was saying the n word.

"well, i guess he won't mind if i eat his eggs." kevin said grabbing carls plate.

"we can still have our date. fishing?" sean asked fiona.