Fifth Day

You woke up feeling much better. Moira was right, you are...or were...sick, but now you feel almost completely better! You zipped zoomed around your room getting ready for the day. You finally had saved enough money to buy some breakfast bars, which for you, would hold you over until lunch....hopefully.

You ran out of your room and--splat!--you tripped and fell.

"Ouchie," you said. You started to get up and continue on when you saw what you tripped on.

A book?  you thought. You picked it up. It had no title, but on the cover was an elaborate design of swirls and various knot designs.

*cue internal debate*

I should really return this to it's owner, buuuuut I also really wanna read it. Uhhhhhhhhh, what do I do?

As if you had been stung in the ass by hornet, you jumped up, grabbed the book and hurried back to your room to hide it under your pillow.

"Okay, now onto the lab for work," you said to yourself.

"You're late," said Moira in an unamused tone.

"S-sorry," you stuttered. Moira sighed.

"Please, just get to work," she said

"Yes, ma'am," you replied.

*Moira's POV*

It's unusual for (Y/n) to be late. I can't help but wonder what held her up. She's a hard worker and I honestly think I'm to hard on her at times.  However, I cannot show favouritism...even if she is one of my favourite workers.  Perhaps I can at least convince the council to at least upgrade her pay. With the pay she receives, she's practically a slave. I can't stand to wrongly oppress people. I don't know why she's stayed. What has made her stay? Maybe, I could invite her to dinner....there's nothing against that. I'll make sure of that, thought the geneticist.

"(Y/n)?" Moira asked.

"Yes, ma'am?" You answered.

"Would you care to join me for dinner tonight? There's a nice restaurant not far from here," Moira offered.

"Oh, I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline," you replied almost sadly.

"If it's the cost you're afraid of, I will have you know that I intend on fully paying for your meal. Think of it as a thank you gift, for your hard work,"

"Oh my! Thank you so much Ms. O'Deorian! But, if it's a fancy restaurant, I've nothing to wear," you explained.

"Well, let's change that," she said as grabbed your arm and led you out of the room.

Once outside the building, Moira escorted you into a limo.

*Reader's POV*

"Ms. O'Deorain, where are we going?" You asked.

"Please, call me Moira. I'm taking you shopping so I can purchase you a nice dress for tonight's dinner," she explained.

"Thank you so much!" You said happily.

"Of course, anything for a friend," Moira smiled at you. You blushed.

She called me a friend. Do I really have a friend in her?

As excited as you were about having a friend, your heart sank a little at her statement.

Just friends?