Fourth Day

It seemed that Moira had an endless amount of work for you and you were working long hours with little pay. It may have been a "promotion" but nothing in pay or living arrangements changed.  It wasn't all bad though, you worked in a room adjacent to Moira, so you could occasionally glance at her. She was very beautiful. Especially when she was focused on her work. Occasionally, a strand of her perfectly placed hair would fall in her face and she would blow it off.

"Ms. (L/n)?" Moira called your name several times before you finally realized it.

"Yes ma'am?" You answered.

"Why aren't you working?" The beautiful woman asked.

"Oh sorry, I spaced out," you turned around to get back to work.

"Y/n, face me," Moira said.

She used my first name, you thought with butterflies in your stomach.

"Yes ma'am,"

Moira felt you head. "You're sick," she said. "Go rest," Moira said and walked away.

"I'm fine, Ms. O'Deorain," you said. You really didn't want to leave her.

"If you won't leave, then here," she injected you with something. You flinched.

"Hold still," she said, "There, that wasn't to bad, was it?" The geneticist gave a slight smile.

"I suppose not," you said and then returned to work.

Don't fool yourself into thinking she's your friend, you thought. Your mind went full of unpleasant memories...

"Hey guys! Can I play?" It was your first day of elementary school.

"Why would we want to play with you, nerd!" The other kids exclaimed. One of the kids walked over to you and pushed you off the playset. You broke your wrist.

Middle school...

"Hey what's up?" You asked

"Why are you talking to me?" Asked Alexa

"We're friends right?" You asked already knowing the answer.

"Um, no. I'm friends with Sarah now," she said.

"Oh, okay," you walked off.

High school...

"What do you mean you don't love me anymore?" You cried

"You're ugly and boring. Plus I'm with Alexa now," said your now ex, Brian.

You were now crying ever so slightly. You've never had much luck making friends or sustaining any kind of relationship. Why should Moira be any different?