A heart for a heart part 2

This morning, something feels weird.

She opens her eyes sleepily, only to see him dressed in thick winter coat standing in front of her.

"Is it winter already?" She rubs her eyes and asks.

She clings to his soft coat and continues to sleep.

He lifts her up and gently taps her face.

"Son Oh Gong, I'm tired......."

"I bought a rice cooker several days ago and I won tickets to the amusement park for 2 people. Do you......want to go on a date?"

!!!!????

She's suddenly wide awake.

"REALLY??!"

Her eyes brighten: "You are really going to bring me to an amusement park??" She's totally awake.

"Oi, Jin Seon Mi, that's not the point........."

You are happy because we are going to the amusement park and not because you are having a date with me?

Before he can complain, she quickly rolls off the bed and walks around the house ecstatically.

"What should I wear? What date is it today? Is it winter?"

He still has things he wanted to say. But seeing her jumping around the house lively, he just begins to laugh.

_______________________

In a blink of an eye, 8 years have passed in the human world since that day.

8 years went by really fast. It seems like that nothing has changed.....but actually, things are very different.

Her wishes back then really was simple.

She likes to hold onto her loved one's arm, strolling on the street. Although it's cold, their heart is warmed. She doesn't want to pursue luxury as long as they can stay safe and healthy. She desires that after they finish the stroll, they can go back home, cook a pot of steaming hot rice and serves her loved one a bowl and watch them eat it.

Now, something is different........because........she really is truly happy.

She holds onto his arms and walks on the street. She wouldn't feel too cold because he would wear a lot in winter. Rich and luxury life? She's not sure about that. After becoming a member of the demon, she became desensitized to the concept of money and time although her powers remain weak.

She doesn't know where her previous savings went. He hasn't changed a bit though. He's still enjoying life as an unemployed individual thanks to the hardworking Oh Jong..........She had plans on searching for work but he said she should study for a bit longer or else she would break a lot of the rules in the human world. Therefore, she too enjoys a leisure lifestyle with him for now.......she would accompany him every day. They would take strolls on the beach. Afterward, they would go home and he would cook. He can cook a lot of different dishes and is really skilled at it. He loves to........sit next to her and watches her eat quietly.

Ever since she woke up, all of the blissful time they spent inside their house on the island has slowly filled the void from when he was left alone before.

And today, on a rare occasion at the beginning of a new year, she also gets to hold his hand, walk in the crowd and become one of them.

"Yah, Jin Seon Mi, are you really this happy? Are you a 3-year-old? Is this your first time going out? You have been smiling all weirdly since the start."

"Can't I be happy?" She pouts her cute lips.

"Having a date with me, the point of focus should be me, alright?"

"Son Oh Gong, can we go and eat tteoboki?"

............

"Jin Seon Mi, do you really want to puke tteoboki all over me when we ride the roller-coaster?....."