The first thing I did when I got into my room was pick up George and George 2, rip out the used pages of George 2, and stick them into George.  

“Sorry George 2, I’m not a murderer, I promise.  But you and me, it’s just not the same as me and him,” I said, patting George’s replacement before throwing it somewhere in my closet.  “Good riddance.”

GEORGE!  I am so happy you’re back!!  Things have been hectic!  So... last time I had you, I told you I was going to ask Breton all about his phone call with the Scary Voice Man.  That didn’t happen.  I also did not help him get his grades up.  Because Dallas and Breton came over, and then Dallas freaked out because I accidentally told Breton his secret, and then I gave you to Breton so he would know all my secrets!  And then when I tried to make it up to them, I accidentally told the whole SCHOOL Dallas’ secret, putting me back to square one.  Bullies and everything.  Luckily, this time I had a friend.  Peter!  It’s so crazy, but he is actually my best friend now.  We’ve been hanging out for a week.  He’s pretty awesome.

There’s something else too George.  Breton kissed me.  He came back after reading you, and after fainting several times, we talked.  And he thought Peter and I were a couple (EW!), and then he kissed me.  Peter said it was just because Breton was practicing for his crush, but did he have to practice on me?  My first kiss was with a guy who was my friend, then wasn’t, and now I’m not sure if we’re back to being friends or not.  Right now, Peter went next door to talk to him, and tomorrow we’re going to talk to Dallas, and hopefully get him to forgive me.  I miss him.  Plus, before the fight, he was just telling me about his crush on Lucas and how this was an S.O.S. situation because he didn’t know if Lucas was “like him.”  I am of the opinion that Lucas is gay, and that is why he acts so scary.  It would explain a LOT.

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot!  Today is Day 19.  Not much progress has been made.  Still don’t know what I have to save Breton from.  Being insane?  This is hard.  And now he knows about Operation 45D, making it even harder.  I’ll have to be sneaky, and George, I really can’t be sneaky.

“Georgie?  Are you up here sweetie?” my mom asked from downstairs.

“Yeah mom, I’m in my room!” I replied to my mother.

“I need your help!” she told me.  I obediently climbed down the stairs and followed my mom’s voice into the kitchen.

“What’s up?” I asked, looking around to see what I could help with.

“Nothing really,” she said sheepishly.  “I just wanted some mother-daughter time while I cook dinner.”

“Frozen pizza?” I inquired, pulling open the freezer to check our options.

“Sounds good,” Mom answered, pre-heating the oven.  “So, what have you and your friends been up to lately?”  The two of us sat down at the little island in the middle of the kitchen.

“Well, it’s complicated,” I hesitated, not knowing where to start.

Half an hour later, I concluded my story with the most recent events, the kiss, etc.  The last two pieces of pizza were sitting on the tray, so I grabbed one as I tried to gauge my mom’s reaction.  I felt good after talking to her again, we hadn’t had as much mother-daughter moments since I got friends.

“So basically, what you’re telling me is you were bullied, didn’t tell me, aren’t being bullied anymore, accidentally spilled your first high-school friend’s secret, then told your other friend, who is also our neighbor your secret about him, and then he kissed you, and your third friend who used to bully you is in on all of it.  All this started nineteen days ago when you first met Mr. Joel in a creepy situation and agreed to help him because it would spice up your boring life.