nine

lacey's p.o.v

my whole world stopped when i saw jack making out with some blonde haired girl who was half naked.

i quickly turned around before jack even realized i was there. with tears brimming in my eyes, i am now fully sober and i am running down the stairs as fast as i can.

i heard nate calling after me but i continued out of the door.

i don't even know where i am or how long of a walk it will be to get to my house but i don't care. after a few minutes of walking i realize i have no idea where i am.

i check my phone and see that it is only 12:03. after a few more minutes of walking i tense up as i see a car slowing down near me.

i am relieved to see that it is only nate. he offers me a ride and i get in and tell him my address.

after sitting in awkward silence nate decides to speak up a conversation.

"are you alright" he asks while looking at me for a split second.

i tried to respond but i couldn't even muster up one word without sobbing, but thankfully nate realized that i wasn't in the mood to talk about it.

once i was inside i quickly run up to my room and balled my eyes out. i was almost raped and what was jack doing ?! cheating... i don't even want to think about what would've happened if nate didn't show up.

i should've known that jack wasn't going to change, he's still the same jack he's always been.

soon i fall asleep full of regrets.

- the next day-

i don't end up waking up until 5pm and i'm so glad my parents didn't try to wake me.

i roll over and pull my phone off the charger seeing i have 21 missed calls from jack and 6 messages. i read a few of the messages and they were mostly him asking about my whereabouts. i guess he doesn't know that i saw him with another girl.

i dont know why, but after crying, eating, and sleeping for hours. i actually feel relived in some way.

i always worried jack wasn't going to change and now his motives were confirmed last night.

i get lost in my thoughts for a while until i hear someone at the door. the doorbell rings about three times before i realized no one else was home.

i groan as i get up from my bed to go see who it is. i slowly opened up the door to see nate. "hi,i wanted to see if you were alright... and i brought food" he said while holding a up a bag full of candy and a box of pizza.

i smiled, happy someone was there for me and let him in. we ended up binge watching netflix, and i can happily admit that this was actually cheering me up in a way.

after our second episode of gossip girl (i've watched this so many times now !) nate says something.

"jack's an idiot you know." he said

"yea, i know" i smiled sadly

"no seriously, you deserve so much better. you deserve who will always be there for, and that will truly, genuinely care for you." nate replied

i looked over at nate and saw his attention was no longer on the tv but on me.

the way he looked at me.. i'll never forget it. no one has ever looked at me this way and i suddenly felt the urge to kiss him, and that's just what i did.

he didn't hesitate to kiss me and i ended up straddling his waist while we got even more into the kiss.

i honestly don't know why i did it, maybe i'm getting back at jack, getting over jack, or i was just pitying myself. but the moment the kiss was over i felt a sudden rush of regret and emptiness.

i dont know why but i just started crying. nate being, well nate ended up trying to comfort me, but i just kept saying i was sorry. what was i even sorry for ? i dont know but i couldn't stop telling him i was sorry.

it's 2am and i can't fall asleep, nate ended up leaving around 11:00pm and thankfully the kiss didn't go into anything further. when i first kissed him i felt so right, but after it was over, oh i felt so depressed.

maybe i wanted it to feel right ? maybe i needed it to.

hi guys i hope you are enjoying this story !! there's so much that's going to happen soon