-one-

Bright

Bright. 

It was too bright.

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, wrapping his arms around himself. 

It was pitiful really. 

He should be used to it by now, should be used to the loud noises, the dirty hands on his skin, the vulnerability he felt while performing in such revealing outfits, the shame that engulfed him after his performance. 

The others seemed to easily adapt, but then again they had been doing it for longer than he had. Two months was a meager amount of time compared to their experience. It only made sense that they treated him like a child, comforting him in times like this, giving him words of advice, coaxing a shot in his hand to calm his nerves. He liked this type of attention, not the one he got from the tipsy men and women. This was more genuine.

Blinking, Taehyung was swung back to the dressing room of the club. He was still wearing his own clothes, the sweater hanging off his small frame, the rounded glasses on the bridge of his nose. Taehyung looked down at the shot in his hand, and then to the owner of the comforting hand on his back. Sniffling, he placed down the untouched shot. He always declined the drinks they gave him, they were usually too strong for a lightweight like him. The person next to him sighed as the glass touched the surface of the table, causing Taehyung to turn to face said person and come into contact with the furrowed eyebrows of his hyung.

His hyung got up, Taehyung frowning at the loss of warmth. 

"You really need to find a different job instead of this one, Tae," the older began as he downed the shot himself.

"I-I know, but I can't find one that pays enough. Seoul is expensive to live in, hyung, and I can barely-"

"Yeah, I get that," the older interrupted, "But you're not fit for this type of job. I mean, sure you've got a nice body and an aura that the customers love... it's just your personality. I don't mean it in a bad way cause you're an amazing person, Tae, but you're not confident nor strong enough to ward off any weird people from taking advantage of you. How many times have I had to intervene and get them of your back, Tae, huh?"

Taehyung looked down at his intertwined hands, his grip so harsh that his knuckles had turned a pure white.

"T-too many to count," Taehyung admitted ashamedly. He felt his eyes getting teary as his mind went back to those dark moments. He heard his hyung's footsteps get closer to him, the comforting hand on his back returning, rubbing his tense muscles. 

"Why don't you get ready, Tae? You still have a long night ahead of you... and maybe think about what I said, yeah? I know you've already heard what I said a million times, but I just want you to be safe. You've become like a little brother to me... one who I've seen in lingerie, but we're not going to talk about that, right?"

Both males let out short giggles, the mood lifting with that one sentence.

"T-thank you, Seokie," Taehyung whispered, smiling as he rested his head on the older's shoulder.

𝐹𝑒𝑒𝒹𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝒾𝓈 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 ♥

𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝓈 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔