Fabien wrapped one arm around here, his beautifully sculpted hands tenseing on her shoulders, (she didn't know how hands could be beautiful but everything about Fabien was beautiful).

"Remember people with green eyes are all witches, even the ones living among us."

"And Taylor had a dream she was going to get hung but she persisted on becoming a slave for this girl." Madi finished.

"Madi. When was this?"

"Like this week."

"Well, it's obvious what it's about. Remember I told you about the counties? Yeah well you go to tuer to be horribly killed and monarchie to be sacrificed, normally because you're the strongest of your kind, Madi."

"What? No sacrificed?" Her breathing became out of control. "No, no!"

"But don't worry, little one," he smiled, trying to make everything better, "everything is going to be alright."

But she knew the truth this time. But Fabien wasn't really lying he was just trying to comfort and reassure her and that was reason number three why she loved him, no matter what.

~~~

"I would like to find Kate too." She said after a long time of no one talking but the soft buzz of the electrical sockets.

"You know you can't, especially now. The mist is everywhere... Any thing could happen."

"But, what if she's hurt somewhere? You're protecting me, Damien's protecting Taylor but no ones on Kate? She's a person too!"

"Look Madi. Sometimes you have to leave your injured friend in the warzone. Save yourself."

"What? That's disgusting Fabien. I know it's dangerous, so you can come with me!"

"No. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." He said sternly.

She thought why not? He was there, he was protecting, he would save her if anything happened. What was he scared? The half vampire boy who lives with a human blood sucking practically invincible vampire. She needed to find Kate and make sure she was alright.

"I'll get Damien to find her tomorrow." Fabien sighed.

Oh no, not tomorrow because that might be too late. Now. Was the only option.

"I'm just going to make breakfast." She said.

But as she got to the downstairs hallway, she made a dart towards the front door. In her Fabians t shirt and no shoes. Rebels go hard or they go home, she thought and laughed at herself like a psycho.

* * *

Lucas was a very unique character we'll say. He spoke in his posh accent pronouncing things like grass as grarss. He also sang opera in the shower and wore braces on his teeth as well as his quarter length trousers. And whenever she saw him, he would push his glasses up and squint his eyes before saying,

"hello Katie... Just checking harhar."

"Very funny." She would reply, straight faced, un amused and annoyed because he always said Katie even when she would constantly say it was Kate. I mean she preferred Adela but it was Kate for now. (Forever). But he was unique in a weird way and a good way. He relived her stress and actually became one of her friends, as well as others in the hellhole. Downstairs was beautiful but upstairs was plain nasty. They all chipped in and helped her with money as Adela had her charm and Kate's good looks, people took their hat off for her.

So there she was. Sat in the tv room, playing chess with Will. He was a stubby boy, witty and chubby. But very obnoxious and sometimes rude. Very rude. He always wanted his way so playing chess with him was very difficult, like a little kid, he would start a tantrum whenever she took one of his pieces.

"No. One. Even. Likes. You." He said in chunks, trying to drill it into her head.

"Shut. The. Hell. Up." She replied, sighing. Wondering why she kept up with him, "why am I even doing this?"

"Dubai!" He said (a pun for 'goodbye') whilst lifting up the chess board that was basically empty of his players, "CHECKMATE." And he left. But Lucas came walking in afterwards.

"It is 10am, it is a Saturday, and we have an entire town to explore." He announced.

"It is 10:02am, it is a Saturday, and I have no motivation." She announced.

"Oh goodness, Katie. Come on. I am very much bored."

"Oh goodness, Lucas. Come one. I am very much tired."

"Find then, don't."

"Fine then, do." And she realised her mistake, but Lucas had a point... Staying inside all day was boring.

So she went to her room and dressed herself in some clothes he had actually bought her. It was just some jeans, a white vest top and a grey hoodie but it was way better than the same old outfit everyday.

She pulled on some trainers and set off through the lanes with Lucas.