Chapter 1: New start

Hey guys,

This is my first book, so please bare with me as there might be spelling mistakes etc.

However, I hope you enjoy this book, and if you like it or have any ideas on how I can improve please please comment and let me know.

I would really appreciate it.

•Awesome cover to the side• made by @HollieHannah • Go and check her out• she's amazing at graphics•

WARNING: This book will contain swearing!! so if you don't approve of it, then don't read it.

I REPEAT: DO NOT READ IF SWEARING AINT YOUR THING.

Anyhow, here we go!

CHAPTER 1

"Wakey Wakey Lily."

I can hear a voice which seems to be right next to me, yet it sounds so distant. My eyes refuse to peal open and my body is slowly but surely falling back into the depths of darkness.

"Oh come Lil, wake up! It's the first day at your new school." The voice cuts of my ability to fall back asleep as it contains a hint of nervousness, yet it seems to be full of excitement.

This can only mean one thing; the voice belongs to the one and only Susan Evans or better known to me, my mom. I try my absolute hardest to ignore her, but it becomes increasingly more difficult each time she prods me with her thin manicured fingers.

A small groan escapes my lips as I slowly open my eyes; I am immediately met with the burning sun rays that force me to blink a couple of times to regain back my eyesight. I prop myself up onto my elbows and let my eyes search around my room until they land on the small petit brown haired forty year old women. Her brown eyes are already boring into mine with a glint of excitement in them.

"Urghh, mom we only moved here yesterday! Look I'm not even unpacked properly." I say this as I'm pointing towards the brown boxes that have yet to be touched.

"Can I not at least stay of today to unpack properly? I feel like I'm homeless with all these boxes around me!" I exclaim at the same time I make my brown eyes wide and stick out my bottom lip creating my puppy dog look.

My mom looks at me with her stern motherly look that she had perfected when I was younger. My mom never falls for my puppy dog look, she's the only person that can resist it. Great!

"No, you can unpack when you get home Lily and that is final!" My mom sighs and begins to move around the maze of boxes in my room towards the door. She stops when she gets there and looks at me over her shoulder.

"Get ready and come down stairs for breakfast, you need all the energy you can get for today." She turns back towards the door and leaves. Why does my mom have to be so stubborn, as soon as she makes a decision she won't change it, not even in the slightest, which means I hardly ever get to do anything.

I groan and wobble towards the bathroom in my room still feeling the effects of my sleep induced coma. A shower would be like heaven right now.

***

Stepping out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped tightly around my body, I head towards my walk in wardrobe, and rake through the clothes I managed to unpack last night. I scan through the half empty racks of clothes not being able to decide on an outfit fit for a first day at a new school.

"What to wear? What to we-" I freeze when my eyes land upon my old soccer shirts that I wore for state championships last year for my old school.

I suddenly find it hard to breathe as my body refuses to move away from the one thing I love the most. Soccer was, no is everything to me but people in my new school can't know about it. Moving away from Washington and my best friend since kindergarten Jenny is the perfect opportunity for a fresh start and that means a new me. Obviously I'm not giving up on soccer completely but I am changing the way I look to a more girly appearance, as I'm sick of dressing like a tom boy and having all the boys see me as another 'dude'. Like I said, it's definitely time for change.

Moving away from everything boyish my hands land upon the clothes Jenny had forced me to buy at the mall, the day before I left for California. I decide on a pair of high waisted denim shorts with pockets sticking out the bottom. I Pair this with a long sleeved red and blue flannel shirt and a pair of black doctor martins.

I move over to my floor length mirror after I put my clothes on and apply minimal makeup; foundation, mascara and lip gloss. I pull my brown wavy hair into a messy bun and add a black and grey bandana to finish my look. I grab my sunglasses and head down stairs towards the kitchen were the smell of pancakes wafts throughout the house.

"Hey mom, are my pancakes ready?" I asked in a excited squeak. Nobody understands the love I have for pancakes especially when they are covered in bottles of syrup.

"Yes Lily, here you go."  My mom chuckles at my cave man eating habits as I shove a huge fork full into my mouth. When I'm finally finished scoffing the gigantic stack of goodness, I place the plate in the sink and walk over to grab my school bag.

"Mom I'm going to head out now, considering I'll end up getting lost on the way there." I shout as I move towards the front door, I grab my car keys and stuff my phone into my pocket.

"Be careful darling and have a good first day at school. Your brothers not going in till tomorrow because we have to meet with the principle about the accessibility of him being in a wheel chair." She states as she comes out of the kitchen.

My five year old brother, Max, has been in a wheel chair for nearly a month now, ever since it happened I've never been able to forgive myself. I'm still paranoid in case he appears from his hideout and try's something. I hope he doesn't come back but I have this feeling that he will show up and when he does it's not going to be pretty.

"Have a good day Lil." my dad, David, says running down the stairs fastening his tie. My dad is a lawyer and a darn good one at that. Everybody wants my dad to represent them in court. This is one of the main reasons we moved from Washington to California in the first place.

"Yeah yeah bye!" I kiss both my parents on the cheek, I leave the house and get into my car traveling in the direction my new school is suppose to be in.

***

Fifteen Minutes later, I finally pull up into South High's parking lot. It turns out it's only a ten minute drive from my house to school. However, I managed to get lost at the lights so it took way longer than I anticipated.

Oops.

I sit in my car studying the building in front of me; it's a lot smaller than my old school back in Washington. The red double doors that lead to what must be the main corridor look shiny and brand new. The bricks look rather old, yet the two story building is surrounded by groups of chatty teenagers that look like they are half dead, probably from the early wake up, but who knows its teenagers were talking about here.

I take a deep breath, suddenly feeling really nervous about starting at a new school. I open my car door and grab my satchel on the way out. Once my feet are firmly on the pavement, I slam my car door shut and turn around ready to head towards hell.

***

How did you guys find the first chapter?

Please remember to comment any advice you have in order for me to improve.

Thank you.