Chapter 19

Katniss POV:

I sit in the waiting room. Thinking of what happened earlier as it echo's round my head. What did he do to himself? why? It keeps reliving itself in my head

FLASHBACK:

I see something I never wanted to see. There he is, the only one I will ever love, held by a tree. I run up and undo the rope whilst he falls to the ground beside me. The sobs escape my mouth and my whole body trembles. I don't know if anything could ever feel this painful. Its like pain has wrapped me in its embrace so hard I might break. I fall to to ground beside his lifeless body, grabbing his head gently placing it on my lap. I feel for a pulse and I feel a very faint one that won't last long.
"Peeta" I cry out hoping he can hear me. No reply. I didn't expect one either. I grab my phone out my pocket and with my trembling fingers dial 999. I demand the ambulance and police explaining how I found him but when they ask me where I am I don't know what to say. Where am I? How did I even get here? They say its fine and explain they can just track me from my phone. Tears jump from my eyes and land on his ghostly face. I can't calm myself down. But I do try as a song my dad taught me when I was younger, sails out of my mouth.

'Are you, are you?
coming to the tree
where they strung up a man
they say murdered three
strange things did happen here
no stranger they would be
if we met up at midnight
in the hanging tree'