"Kay..." it was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again "Kyrie..? You here?"

"Yes, I'm still here."

"Can.. can you take pictures.. for me? O-of you and beach? I want to see."

"Don't worry I'll have plenty of pictures for you to look at when I come back."

"Kay. I-i have to go now... it's sleep time."

"Goodnight Christopher."

"I- I love you." He got out quickly before the line went completely dead. I stared down at my phone trying to process if I heard what he said correctly or not. Had he been developing feelings this whole time? Was I giving him mixed signals this whole time?!

"Oh god, what have I done." I mumbled to myself. I knew he liked me, anyone with eyes could see that but I didn't know he was in love with me. What am I supposed to do about this now?

My mind kept racing the longer I stood out there. Could I get fired for this? I actually enjoyed my job. I took a few deep breathes trying to calm myself before heading back inside the event.

I felt my arm being grabbed the minute I walked through the doors. "Where have you been! Everyone's been looking for you." Cheryll said dragging me back inside.

We hurried- well she hurried and I followed her back inside the ballroom. We took our seats at the head table.

"Where did you go? I was looking for you." Lucas scolded me like I was a child

"Just outside for some air, don't worry about it."

"Alright." He nodded before standing, drink, and fork in hand. "Can we have everyone's attention please!" He yelled causing the whole room to go silent.

"Thank you." He set the glass and fork down. "As all of you know , this lovely woman sitting next to me is my girlfriend Kyrie." Everyone's eyes shifted to me, I smiled and waved awkwardly.

"I've been meaning to do this for a long time... years actually." He reached into his back pocket pulling out a small blue box with the Tiffany and Co. logo written in gold on top. My mind wanted to evolve that this was just another promise ring but I knew it wasn't.

I look over at my parents who're on the opposite end of the table. My dad had a proud smirk on his face and my mother looked mortified. I look back at Lucas to see he'd already gotten down on one knee.

"Kyrie Jezebel Laurent, will you please make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as I looked down at his excited face.

"Oh. Hell. No!"

Everyone's heads turned towards the direction from which the voice came from.

"Shannon?" Lucas stared at her obviously confused and a little scared honesty

"You thought you could just hide me away huh? While you were here acting all lovey-dovey with her?" She was stormed towards our table with visible tears pooling her eyes

"I- I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh really? So you have no idea about your child that just magically found its way into my stomach to?!" She pulled up her large sweatshirt revealing the visible bump.

Lucas' mom quickly butted in before the situation could escalate "Somebody please get this woman away! She's clearly in distress and in need of medical assistance!"

"Lucas what's going on? What is all this?" I asked

"Oh, I'll tell you what this, your boyfriend got me knocked up and has been giving me hush money for months so it wouldn't ruin the perfect little life he wanted to live with you!" She cried

"How king has this been going on?" I turned to Lucas

"We-" Shannon started

"I asked Lucas, not you." I turned back to him "How long have you been fucking around?"

"Baby listen I-"

"How long have you been cheating Lucas!"

"I-I don't know.. since last spring."

"A year?! So the last year of our relationship was all a lie!?"

"Kyrie-"

"I WASTED 6 YEARS OF MY LIFE WITH YOU ONLY FOR YOU TO CHEAT AND GET SOME, SOME HOE WITH A PLASTIC ASS PREGNANT!"

"I AM NOT A HOE! I LOVE HIM JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO!" Shannon interrupted

"Well, that's good for you. You can have him, that's what's you wanted anyway right?" I grabbed my things and sprinted out of the building and ran as far as I could away.

____

Wow, a lot of shit just happened.

But anyway, a picture of Shannon and her twin below. They're played by the Clermont twins.