"Yeah I'm fine" I lied not wanting to worry him.

I smoothed Obsidians pitch black scales making him purr lovingly. Chase watched and nodded his head as we made our way up to the nursery. 

After walking through the corridors in a comfortable silence we walked into the nursery and found that Kai was nowhere to be seen. 

"Kai?" I called.

Obsidian squealed happily and shot off my shoulders towards his nest. Chase and I exchanged glances before following him expecting to find Kai. 

We approached his nest, but we still couldn't see Kai, instead, a beautiful blue baby dragon perched proudly in its next making immediate eye contact with Chase. 

"I can feel his emotions" he gasped.

I smiled at him happy that he could experience the same bond that me and Obsidian now shared.

Cobalts big, ocean blue eyes glanced at Chase trustingly, Chase nodded his head slowly in response. 

"You can do it," he said comfortingly.

The little dragon spread his dainty wings and began to flap them, sending straw everywhere as he began to ascend into the air. He looked at the ground and squealed happily before darting forwards flying into Chase's chest.

"Aww he's so adorable" I cooed earning a growl from Obsidian who was watching closely from his own nest.

Chase beamed at me and helped Cobalt to get comfortable on his shoulders.

"You won't be able to carry them for long, better make the most of it" 

We turned around to see Kai strutting through the room elegantly with a dragon perched on each of his shoulders and arms and one even sat on top of his head. 

"Kai? what the hell?" I laughed.

"What can I say, the kids love me" he mocked placing the baby dragons into their freshly cleaned nests. 

"You still up for helping out later?" he asked.

"Yeah of course" I replied 

To be honest I was looking forward to doing something non Shade and non-prophecy related.

"Great!" he exclaimed clapping his now free hands together.

"I assume you're taking those two with you?" he questioned gesturing to Cobalt and Obsidian.

"Definitely," said Chase immediately.

"You coming?" I asked Obsidian who was still watching us from his nest.

He let out a little huff and perched himself around my shoulders.

"See you later Kai" we synchronized.

"bye," he replied with a small wave. 

We walked back down through the school towards our combat lesson. 

When we arrived everyone was gathered in a small group around Shade and Mr Kohl.

"Ah, there you are. I was just going to send Elizabeth here out to find you" said Mr Kohl pointing to a moody looking girl with bright emerald green eyes and curly brown hair which had blond highlights streaking perfectly through it. 

She crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes at me and Chase. 

"Anyway, as I was saying today will be a tracking lesson. You will be assigned to partners to each follow a different marked trail, each trail leads eventually to the same place which is where we will all meet to go over different skills. Everyone happy?"

We all murmured a quick yes in agreement.

"Oh, and one more thing. I will be choosing the partners."

Everybody groaned which made Mr Kohl smile around at us with an evil grin.

*** I have decided that the next chapter will 100% be a Chase POV 

Sorry that not a lot happened in this chapter I thought I would write a smaller one to set up for the Chase POV

Anyway thank you for reading and don't forget, I am still in need of dragon names! so please comment or message me with names as I'm finding it hard to find good ones 

Thanks again :)

Vote. Comment. Fan ***