Chapter 1

Thea

I got off my motorbike and slowly took out my helmet off and my curly hair fall out of a loose bun. Suddenly a car parked behind me and the driver gets my three bags out and puts them next to me.

"Need help carrying this to you room Ms. Thea?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I think I got it from here Sam," I respond back to him.

"We can come back in the morning if you don't want to stay here at night," Sam offers with his concerned look

"I think I'll be fine Sam, you should go home to Dorothy and the twins," I say with a small smile on my face.

"Be safe Ms. Thea," he says with a small smile on his face. "Hopefully you won't need me anymore."

"I hope so too," I smile. "Thank you so much for everything Sam." I thank him and he pulls out something from his pocket.

"Here Ms. Thea, keep this with you," he hands me a locket with a small pendant shaped as our family's heirloom.

"What's this Sam?" I ask and a small smile appears on his face.

"This was given to me by your father before he..." Sam pauses for a moment and shakes his head. "Anyways, I'd like it if you would keep this Ms. Thea."

"I can't take this Sam, daddy gave it to you," I smile but he doesn't take it back.

"And I am giving it to you. Please keep it safe Ms. Thea."

"Of course I would Sam, thank you. It's beautiful," I comment and slowly take it from him.

"Never forget to wear it around your neck Ms. Thea, it will protect you when it's close to you," he says with a smile and leaves in his car.

Protect me? How can a necklace protect me?

I smile as the car leaves my sight and put the necklace around my neck. I look down at it and it's really pretty. It has a small L for our family's last name and an ancient design.

I fix my leather jacket and tug my white tank-top down while I slowly pull up my dark blue jeans. I take out the muffler and put it over my head, covering half of my face.

I shake my head and the wind moves my hair out of my face. I groan as I grab all three of my bags with both my hands and walk inside the college.

Sometimes I wonder why going to college is so necessary? I mean they could like distribute all of the worlds money evenly and we won't have poor people.

Maybe this economy would be better and our government wouldn't be owing other countries 17 trillion dollars.

Maybe this world needs more people thinking like me.

Maybe not.

More like me means more quarreling and talking and being stupid as I probably am right now by talking to myself.

I mean who does talk to themselves, right? 'Maybe nobody does, Thea,' something in the back of my head speaks and I push that voice down.

'I like talking, I mean maybe too much at times but I do like talking,' I tell that voice in my head.

'Nobody likes a quaking duck.'

"I do so shut up," I speak out loud and the guy in front of me stops.

"Excuse me?" he looks up and down, examining me while his black adidas hat slips a little to the side and a curl slides out.

I don't respond because I don't know what to say. Is he talking to me? I look behind me and all I see is darkness and nobody else around me.