Chapter 6 - Nothing Last Forever

Time flies so fast. I can’t even remember how it feels when I first decide to change my nickname. Suddenly I feel fine, I feel like someone is by my side telling me that I’m doing the right thing. All my life I always have too many options ahead. I don’t know which path I’m going. I lost and found myself whether in 7 open doors, or stuck in a room full of thoughts. I can’t believe I’m making myself doing it. I’m becoming so close with Jack. Well, at least I feel that way. But our first ‘date’ turned out really great and memorable. It makes me happy. HE makes me happy.

-The Next Day

I looked outside the window, and it’s 6 in the morning, school started at 8. I think the accident of Jack’s looking at me during the movie over and over again. I’m trying to feel the same way as I was. I feel comfortable being around him. I wish I realized that in the first time we met. I was too nervous and stupidly being rude to him. But as time goes on, I’m being myself, I’m only me when I’m with him.

“You look happy and energetic today,” Finn said as we’re sitting together in class

. “Yes I am Finn,” I said.

I want to spoil it out, tell Finn everything happened yesterday. But I’m afraid that he’ll get jealous. But I think what worse is that I’m keeping it as a secret. In the end, he’ll find out everything. So I think I should tell him.

“Yesterday Jack and I-“ I almost finished my sentences,

“I know, you guys were dating,” Finn cut my words. He smiles at me.

But I know it’s a fake smile.

“We were just watching movie, that’s all,” I said.

“Jack told me everything. He also is still calling you Candace instead of Natalia,” Finn said. He looked a little pissed off.

He shouldn’t be pissed off; I’m not his girlfriend after all. I just stare at him, trying to figure out what should I answer.

“You like Jack don’t you?” Finn asked me, he looked me in the eye deeply. I’m trying to find something interesting to talk about to change the topic, but it seems like there’s no way out of this.

“Jack was the first person I met here,” I said. I’m planning to explain everything to Finn, but what if he’s not going to get it. What if Finn labels me as a mouthy lover bitch that falls in love with his twins and throw it all to him? What if he shouldn’t know about everything? He stares at me, waiting for me to talk.

“That’s ok, Natalia. I’m just a little bit jealous. Why didn’t you tell me that you were with Jack?” Finn said, wakes me up from my thoughts.

“I thought Jack told you,” I said.

“Well yes he did. But I want to hear it from you,” Finn said.He plays with his pen and get busy with rolling his sleeves without looking at me. He exhaled over and over again and trying to draw something but end up with a blank piece of paper. 

“I know I should have told you Finn, I’m sorry,” I finally said that.

“He talked a lot about you,” He said suddenly. I can’t say anything, my mouth is freezing and I can’t move my tongue.

“He told me that you have a beautiful smile that paralyzed him,” Finn continued. “Wow… that’s a nice thing to say,” I said.

“Well that’s not all,” he said again. This time Finn looks at me, but still playing with his pen.

“What?” I asked curiously. Finn said nothing; he just stares at me with a meaningful look.

“I forgot what I’m about to say,” he said. I think that’s an excuse. He’s hiding something from me. He’s not letting the word go out from his mouth.