|•LII•|

~3rd Person POV~

After a few hours of sleep, Ignis woke up and headed to Prompto's room. The sharpshooter wasn't present, a look of bewilderment passing over the royal advisor's face. He placed the photo albums back on the shelf and left the room.

Ignis searched the Citadel for Noctis, finding him and his wife smiling and laughing together. The sight tore Ignis' heart in two different directions-one of sorrow and the other of joy. Deciding to leave the newlyweds alone, he headed in the opposite direction.

Halfway down the hall, he was stopped by Prompto and Gladio. "Hey, Iggy, wanna come on a little trip with us?"

Pondering for a few seconds, the strategists nods. "I could benefit a change of scenery."

"Alright! Noct's already given us permission to use the new Regalia," Prompto said, jingling the keys in front of him.

In the blink of an eye, Ignis had snatched the keys from the blonde and stepped away. "I shall chauffeur, then."

"Wha-no! I want to drive!" Prompto protests.

"I'd rather have Iggy behind the wheel. Your driving habits are worse than Noct's," Gladio smirks.

"You're still gonna hold wrecking the old Regalia over my head?" Prompto pouted.

"Why, certainly," Ignis smiles lightly.

"You're both horrible friends..." The cameraman proclaims with crossed arms.

Gladio ruffles the younger man's hair, his grin spreading further. "We know."

The trio exits the Citadel and hops in the new and improved Regalia. With Ignis behind the wheel, they safely departed the Crown City and headed to Lestallum. The drive lasted around four hours, which seemed to have flown by as the men discussed countless of topics.

Parking the car, the three exit the vehicle and head into the city. With their stomachs growling from the long trip, they sat down at the nearest eatery and ordered a delicious lunch. The sun's warmth proved to be too much as it combined with the humidity of Lestallum. "That's the one thing I don't miss," Prompto mutters as he took a bite.

"What's that?" Gladio questioned.

"The humidity, I presume?" Ignis voices into the conversation.

"Yeah. Hated it then, hate it now," Prompto said. "I did miss all the hunts we went on, except for the ones with bugs."

"Why don't we take one up together?" Gladio suggests. "A workout outta do us some good."

"Let's do it!" Prompto cheers.

Ignis nods, finishing his meal. They pay the bill and ask if the owner had any hunts available. The man only had one, but it was close by and convenient. The men accepted the hunt and set off to the whereabouts of their target.

In the Regalia, Prompto eyed the poster in his grasp. "Didn't we take down a griffon before?"

"Yeah, it was right before we got a call from Cindy about Zodia," Gladio responds.

"We slew a mother griffon," Ignis informs.

The blonde furrowed his brows. "How could you tell?"

"The markings upon its wings."

"So, we're gonna kill her baby?" Prompto ponders.

"Basically," Gladio said.

The sharpshooter leaned back in his seat. "Now I feel bad for accepting this hunt..."