|•XXXII•|

~Zodia's POV~

With the mythril component in our grasp, we leave Lestallum the next morning. We arrive back at Cape Caem within a few hours and Noctis hands the mythril over to Cindy. The mechanic took the piece and thanked us. It would be another couple of hours before the boat was up and running. Iris had pulled me from the others and we spent the time together. Even Talcott came to join us and helped us make a few cupcakes at his request.

After baking him a few cupcakes, Talcott dragged me to the table and showed me his cactuar collection. "I just finished it! Iris found the one I was missing and gave it to me as a present today!"

"It's your birthday today?" My eyes widen at the revelation. He nods and smiles up at me. I place my hands together, thinking of a quick but nice birthday present. When an idea came to mind, I snapped my fingers. "I have a present in mind, but you've gotta promise me that you'll celebrate my next birthday with me."

Talcott nods and grabs one of my hands. "I'd do it even if you didn't ask!"

"It's a promise! Now, cup your hands together and close your eyes."

Talcott let go of my hand and does as I say. With his eyes closed, he cups his hands together. I cup my own hands over his and chant a small ice spell. With the ice in a moldable state, I shaped it into a sphere before it could harden. I could tell Talcott was getting excited as he felt the coolness of the sphere in his palms. "Now, open your eyes," I whisper.

Talcott's eyes fly open and he gazes at the ice sphere. He seemed a little confused, which made me laugh. "You seem a little lost. Clear your mind and focus on one thing. It can be anything!"

When he finally settles on one thing, the sphere shows an animated image of a running cactuar. Talcott gasps and thinks of another thing. This time, it was an image of all of us smiling in Insomnia. My smile widens at seeing the beautiful image Talcott has created. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize the young boy had hugged me until he squeezed me tighter in his embrace. "Thank you, Zodia. This is the best present ever!"

"You're welcome, Sweetheart. I hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday." I kiss him on the forehead before heading to the lighthouse. When I descended in the elevator, I could hear Cor's voice. As I made my way to the others, the marshal spotted and sent me a rare smile. "Glad to see you're well, Zodia."

"You too, Marshal."

"And it seems you've been busy with the zodiacs as well," he said, gesturing to my wrist. I nod and send him a smile in return. Then, he began to apologize to me about what happened that day of the signing and how he failed Father.

"You didn't fail anyone. Father knew the moment he let Niflheim into the city, he knew a price must be paid. Not only did he save me, but he also protected Luna. I just... I just wish I could've helped more. If only I had learned of my powers earlier, I could've at least have protected Father."

"You standing here is proof enough of your strengths. Do not linger on the past for it will only make you weak. I've been informed of how you've saved these boys myriads of times. I'm positive if your father could see you now, he'd be proud of both of you."

"Thank you, Marshal."

Then, Cid emerged from the boat and glanced our way. "Ya ready?" He asked. We all nodded and were joined by everyone.

"How 'bout a picture before we leave?" Prompto asked.

"Let's do it!" Iris cheers.

We all gather around and take a group photo. When Prompto checked the final result, a huge smile spread across his face. "Dude, this is perfect!"