|•VIII•|

~Zodia's POV~

Finishing breakfast, we head back to the Leville. Iris and I giggled together as she told me a short story of the time Noctis tripped down the steps of the Citadel. Entering the lobby, we saw everyone was gathered near the entrance. Prompto smiled at me and then flipped his attention back to Talcott.

"Hey, look who's back! Talcott, go on and tell 'em what you told me," the cameraman beamed at the young boy. Talcott nods and responds in a cheery voice. "You got it!" Hearing his grandson's energetic response, Jared sighs a little. "Oh, come now, show some respect."

"Whoa, no need to respect me-I'm not royalty," Prompto insisted. I couldn't help but smile at his response. Talcott suddenly looked at Noctis and me as he began to tell us what he told Prompto. "So, there's this legend about a sword. And the sword's supposed to be behind a waterfall nearby. The legend also says that strange ruins are hidden behind a sealed door. The door has strange carvings on it and no one dares to go near it, not even the daemons."

Noctis and I exchange glances, both thinking the same thing. "It may well be one of the lost tombs and zodiac ruins," Ignis implies. "Two birds with one stone," Prompto said.

"Check it out?" Gladio asked.

"For sure. Thanks for the tip, Talcott," Noctis smiled down at him. "You're welcome! I'm sure the sword's there. I'm sorry if it isn't," He responds.

"No need to apologize for something you have no control over," I sweetly spoke to him. Talcott's chocolate brown eyes meet with my aquamarine ones. "When I'm older, could I become your second knight?" Kneeling down to his height, I grab his hands. "I'll be looking forward to it, Talcott." The young boy cheered happily as he returned to his grandfather's side.

Walking out of the Leville, Gladio began laughing. "Seems you've got competition, Iggy." Glancing at said man, I watch as he pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "It appears so." I bit my bottom lip to contain my laughter. Turning my head, I look into his emerald eyes. "Only one holds my heart and we all know who that is."

When my words registered with Ignis, he froze in his tracks. Noctis faced his royal advisor and chuckled. "Well, never have seen you so frozen before, Speccy."

"Zo's the only one who knows how to stump Iggy. She has some weird power over him," Prompto smirked.

"And I seriously doubt it has to deal with the fact that she's a princess," Gladio adds.

"You make me sound like a witch who can control people," I said, placing my hand on my hips.

"Eh, close enough," Noctis scoffs. I elbow him in the stomach and he doubles over in pain. I stuck my tongue out at him and spun on my heels, heading to the Regalia.

~3rd Person POV~

The four men watch as the Princess of Lucis crosses the street and heads to the car. Noctis runs a hand over the spot where Zodia elbowed him, another groan escaping his throat. "Kinda deserved it, dude," Prompto sneers.

"If the marshal is right, you're luckily she only elbowed you," Gladio said with crossed arms.

"Hey, my own sister would not use her powers against me," Noctis defends.

"Wanna test that theory?"

"... Hell no..."

"Thought so," Gladio scoffs and walks passed the prince.

"I'm really curious to see what kinda magic she's able to use," Prompto said.

"As am I. The marshal prattled of her capabilities. But, do not push her. If she is unable to wield her magic properly, our job is to protect her from harm," Ignis chimes in.