Same Mistakes

3 Months Later

Evie's POV

I felt like I was seventeen again, and it's not a good thing. I spent all of the trip with Harrison, which is not a bad thing at all. But Tom was busy with either working or with his girl that he was currently talking to. Now, they're dating. Maybe this is a sign for me to move on, none of it will actually happen if I keep moping around. We went from Canada, to Japan, and back to Canada.

I stayed in the house, or hiking by myself through the woods behind our temporary house that we lived in. I acted as if I didn't care. Just like any other time he got a girlfriend. It's just how things worked. I've never met someone so oblivious in my life. But maybe this is my sign to move on in my life.

I'm back home now, as Tom was still in America, but I think he's back home. Surprise, surprise, Gianna joined him. Crazy isn't it? It's not like I care anymore anyways, or at least I'm trying to tell myself that.

I was snapped out of my deep thinking, as the woman that sat behind the desk called my name, "Ms.Evelyn Loski?".

I bobbed my head up from staring at my newly done nails and stood up as she kindly smiled at me.

"Right this way please," The elderly lady kindly spoke. I followed her into one  of the office doors and into a meeting office where she instructed me to sit in one of the chairs.

I nodded my head and pulled the leather seat back as if rolled on the ugly carpeted floor.

"The headmaster will be with you shortly." She spoke as she began to walk out the door before I yelped out a small thank you.

I sat in the chair sort of nervous for this interview, I mean, what if I don't make it. Then what will I do? This was supposed to be for my whole semester, my Professor told me that I had a guaranteed spot for this job. But I was doubting myself. If I don't make this, I'm probably going to end up being a cashier at Texco or something. Not meaning that cashiers are bad, but that type of job isn't for me. I want to teach children English.

In the midst of my stressful doubt, a woman came in. Dressed in a black pencil skirt with a deep purple blouse on with wedges on appeared in my sight. Her hair was dark brown similar to mine and she had small wrinkles by her mouth, laugh lines I would call them. She flashed me her perfectly straight teeth and examined me head to toe. Staring from my black flats, to my knees covered by my purple floral dress, to my necklace I had accessorized with, to my face. In which I returned the smile back and stood up from the chair.

I extended my hand out and she switched her notebook from her right arm to her left and her soft hands gave me a firm handshake.

"Hello, Ms. Loski, how are you?" She greeted, pulling her seat out diagonally from mine.

"Pretty nervous, and you?" I answered truthfully in which she smiled at as she flipped through her notebook to find papers.

"Pretty tired and I'm craving sushi right now so hopefully my wife treats me to dinner. Do you know any good places?" She replied finally finding the papers.

"I actually went to sushi last night, the restaurant is right down the road from here. They're amazing, I must say. But they're pretty small and fill up fast, so I recommend that your wife calls in a reservation before you two are unable to eat the best sushi in your entire lives." I laughed, giving her my answer.

"Sounds good, so it says here that you're a part of the student teacher program and that you will be graduating next semester correct?" She read off of the paper and I gave her a confirmation that it is true.

"How well do you work with teenagers? I mean, not everyone can handle their angst." She joked and I giggled.

"Well, I like to believe that I work well with them. I was one not too long ago-"