30

"Hazzy." Evie called in the store, looking for Harrison through the store. In her hands held an Arizona iced tea that she has decided to try out, and a bag of gummy worms.

She spotted Harrison in one of the aisles, looking at the sweets. Harrison smiled at her, "Whatcha got there?" He asked and she sweetly held up her candy and drink.

"Did Tom say caramel?" Harrison asked and Evie nodded her head looking at all the chocolate bars.

"I thought he was going all healthy or something." Evie tilted her head looking at Harrison who had picked up the chocolate bar and he shrugged his shoulders.

"You ready?" Haz asked, his words muffled by the bag of crisps that he held between his white teeth. Evie nodded grabbing the bag of crisps to help him, he thanked her and they walked over to the cashier and Evie pulled out her wallet.

"Lemme pay for this." She spoke and Harrison nodded his head setting down all the food in a clumsy matter.

"British eh?" The older man asked them and Evie nodded her head, looking at Harrison.

"Born and raised."

"What part?" The man asked, swiping the bags of junk food under the scanner.

"London." Harrison spoke and the man nodded his head. Evie handed this man the cash in exact amount, and started grabbing the things. Haz began to help and nodded to the older man as Evie said good bye and wished him a good day.

During the car ride, Harrison asked Evie the question he's been dying to hear the answer to. She pulled a gummy worm out of her mouth and chewed slowly as Harrison captured her attention.

"So, like, isn't it a little bit weird you and Tom?" Harrison asked, reaching over and taking one of her gummy worms.

"I mean, I guess. It's just I dunno. It's hard to explain."

"I don't see why you guys just don't date, you guys have clearly done the deed many times. So what changes it?"

Evie shook her head, swallowing the sweet before answering him.

"Because it doesn't just work like that Haz." She spoke hurt falling from her soft voice.

"Evie c'mon, I know you love him. You've even admitted it to m-"

"When?!" Evie gasped, staring at her best friend.

"Let see, eighteen or nineteen years old? You were black out drunk actually. You were bawling your eyes out." Evie covered her face in embarrassment.

"Back to what I was saying, you guys literally act like a couple and use the excuse that you're just 'best friends' but Evie. He loves you and you love him-"

"I promise you Harrison, Tom will never love a girl like me." Her voice dripped with hurt, and she pushed back the tears as her heart cracked a little more.

"What makes you think that?"

"Do you see his exes Haz? Blonde hair, blue eyes, nice body-"

"That doesn't mean anything-"

"Harrison think about it." Evie spoke in a stern tone and Harrison looked at the girl with pity in his eyes as silent graced over him. The more he thought about it, the more it made sense.