Plans

Link's P.O.V.
           I woke up with a start. Someone was knocking heavily on the door of Sidon's room. Sidon sat up, untangling himself from me, and jumping off the bed. He stretched wide, yawning.
          "Put on pants dear," I said, not getting out of bed. He snorted as he grabbed some shorts off the floor. He then limped towards the door, rubbing his eyes as he opened it.
            Zelda brushed past him and into the room, already talking, "I wanted to talk to you two, and I didn't know when I would catch you again, and I wanted to talk in private," she took a deep breath after getting it all out quickly.
           She went to put the plates on the table, and while her back was turned Sidon turned to me and gave me a confused look. I shrugged quickly, rolling off the other side of the bed so I could put on my shorts.
             I pulled them on quickly and stood, walking around the bed to join Sidon. Zelda turned to us and gave us a stressed little smile, "I'm sorry for barging I'm on you two, I know you're both probably really tired,"
            I shook my head, "no, it's fine," I didn't help my case by yawning after. She shook her head and looked down at her feet. Sidon shook his head, "it's alright Zelda. Please sit and have breakfast with us," he pulled out a chair for her. She nodded and sat down with a sigh. Sidon sat beside her, and I grabbed one of Sidon's sweaters before sitting down.
             I pulled the sweater over my head, "so, you wanted to talk to us?" I asked Zelda as I started eating.
            She sighed, "I really hate to do this, but I have to know what the plan for reclaiming Hyrule is," she started picking at her food as well.
           I took a deep breath, "I think we should train you to use a sword. I want you to be able to protect yourself just in case something happens. After that we will need to speak with all the leaders of the different tribes and let them know that you are back," I took a big bite of food.
            Zelda looked to me, her eyebrows furrowed, "won't you want to stay here? You are getting married for Hylia's sake," she swallowed hard.
              "Well I mean I-" I started, but Zelda cut me off.
             "Link, unless you want to drag Sidon along in your bag, or send me alone, it's not going to work," she said, starting to rub her temples.
             Sidon sat forward, "well, it wouldn't really be dragging me along if u volunteered to go," he said carefully.
             Zelda turned to him and raised an eyebrow, "you would really leave your kingdom to frolic around Hyrule with me and Link?" She sounded a little snarky.
              Sidon snorted, "yes, I haven't been away very much, and I think it could benefit my kingdom if their future king is knowledgeable in what's happening in Hyrule," he said as he leaned his elbows on the table.
              To both Sidon and my surprise, Zelda started to laugh, "good job, that was a good argument. Alright, you can come when we do begin our journey."
I smiled wide, "oh, thank you Zelda! We can get a carriage and take turns steering. I think this will be interesting," I said as I finished off my breakfast.
She smiled down at her own empty plate, "it's really not my choice Link, but I appreciate it," she looked up at us, smiling widely, "so, what are some plans for the wedding?" She asked.
Sidon leaned back in his chair, "well it will be at the end of this week, and that's all we really know at this point." He shrugged.
I smiled at a thought, "can I have the two stylists named Vekan and Nikis?" I asked Sidon.
             He looked over to me and smiled warmly, "you enjoyed your time with them did you?" He asked wryly.
            I snorted, "well I think that Vekan will enjoy hearing about how we are getting married now," Sidon laughed.
            Zelda sat forward, "if it's not too much to ask, but can I help you get ready Link? I have always hoped that we could help with each others weddings," she said this a little nervously.
            I smiled wide, "oh, of course!" I said cheerfully. Zelda smiled as well, then she sighed heavily, "well, I should leave you two. I know that Link just returned, so I will leave you two to do what you wish today," she pushed back from the table.
            I stood as well, "why don't we start sword training tomorrow morning?" I asked her. She jumped and clapped, her eyes sparkling.
"Yes! That will be wonderful! I'll come get you in the morning so we can train!" She then turned towards the door, her skirts furling out. She stopped after opening the door, "Alright, have a good day you two!"
She closed the door with a click behind her. I sighed and slouched down after the door closed, Sidon sighed as well, getting up and scooping me up into his arms.
"I'm still tired, wanna sleep a little more?" He said, holding me close and burying his face in my shoulder.
I sighed, "yes please," he carried me over to our shared bed. He plopped me down and flopped down beside me, pulling me into the warmth of his chest. I inhaled deeply, feeling butterflies flutter in my stomach when I thought about the fact that I will spend the rest of my life with this man.
             I shifted so I could look up into Sidon's gentle yellow eyes, he smiled, "I truly do love you, you know that?" He asked, his voice low and soft.
I snorted softly, "yes, i know you dork,"  I said, snuggling closer to him. I sighed deeply, "can we just stay in all day?" I asked.
            Sidon kissed the top of my head, "of course dear," after he said this a hesitant knock sounded at the door. I groaned and looked up to Sidon, he was smiling a little, the corners of his eyes crinkling slightly, "well that was short lived," he clambered from the bed, limping slowly to the door.
          A flash of pink flung itself at Sidon when he opened the door. He stumbled back, grabbing the squirming mass with his strong arms. I managed to see that it was a little Zora. She stopped wiggling and grabbed Sidon's face, "you were hiding in your room for so long!" Her voice was stern, causing Sidon to chuckle a little, "I'm glad you seem happy again, but I haven't seen you in so long Siddy!" She whined.
              I recognized her now, she was Laruta, the little Zora Sidon is teaching to sing. Sidon chuckled, setting her down, "well I am happy to see you Lari. You know, we could go down to the water and gather shells? Then we could come back here and just kinda hang out for a while?" He looked over to me while saying this, seemingly asking for approval.
            I smiled, shaking my head as I stood, "well I guess we should get dressed then Sidon dear," I joked. He snorted and looked down at Laruta, who was bouncing excitedly.
            "Can we really go?" She asked, looking back and forth from Sidon and I. Sidon smiled wide and nodded, Laruta made a happy noise and trotted to the door. I chuckled, "hold on Lari, Sidon and I aren't dressed yet," she frowned a little, then smiled again and nodded.
I grabbed some trousers and a simple tunic, then I grabbed my master sword and my Hylian shield. I turned back as Sidon pulled a simple tunic over his head, then grabbed his swords and his bow.
"Lari? Did you bring silver with you?" Sidon hummed. Laruta nodded, still smiling wide as she unsheathed a small silver sword. Sidon smiled down at her, "show Link," he said.
             Laruta nodded and skipped over to me. She held up the sword proudly, "this is silver! Siddy made it for me, and he started training me with the sword!" She said happily. I knelt down to her level, looking at the sword.
           "Wow, he really made that? We'll have to get you trained so we can spar sometime," I said to her, "but in the meantime do you want to see Sidon and I spar?" I asked her, a wry smile across my lips.
              Her eyes shone with excitement, "yes! I wanna watch you guys so maybe I can learn! This'll be fun, come on!" She skipped to the door, then pushed it open. I looked up at Sidon, who was smiling fondly. I laughed a little, then grabbed his hand and dragged him from the room.
              We made it down to the sandy shore about five minutes later. I took a deep breath and turned to Sidon, "you ready? I don't want you to go easy on me," I said as I grabbed a tree branch from the ground and my shield.
                He smiled wryly as he grabbed two tree branches, holding them like his swords, "when do I go easy on you?" He asked, a devilish glint in his eyes.
            I snorted, "you definitely didn't last night," I said as I lowered myself into a fighting position.
              Sidon laughed, "behave Guppy," he purred as he got into a fighting position as well, he then addressed Laruta, "now, watch us and make sure that you learn from our mistakes," while he was distracted I lunged, holding the stick behind my head. Sidon managed to bring up his sticks to block mine.
            He stumbled back, "don't let your enemy catch you off guard," he said loudly to Laruta.
           I feigned hurt, "enemy!" I lunged, Sidon blocked me and pushed me back, "is that what you call your fiancé now?" I asked as I rolled out of the way of his attack.
           Laruta was giggling slightly, I bowed quickly to her, which allowed Sidon to swing at me again. I ducked and brought a stick across the back of his knee. He fell hard onto one knee, grunting slightly.
           I walked slowly over, "Well," I said as I pushed him onto his back, holding the stick to his neck, "that was fun."
           Sidon snorted, pushing away my stick and standing up, "yes, we will have to have a rematch some time," he said. I laughed, and this caused Sidon to start laughing as well. Laruta ran over to us, she had a large conch shell held in her little hands.
            "Siddy, Linny! Look what I found!" She said excitedly, holding it up so we could see.
             Sidon smiled widely, "that's an amazing shell Lari! Hey, why don't we find some more shells?" He said cheerfully.
             Laruta smiled wide and nodded, running off down the beach to gather the sparkling shells that rested in the sand.
           We all wandered aimlessly for another hour or so, then Laruta complained of being hungry, so we decided to head back. Once we reached the Domain, Laruta ran off to grab something, then she said she would meet us by the statue of Mipha so we could get lunch.
             Sidon leaned against a nearby pillar, "it really is a beautiful day outside," he hummed.
               I walked over to him, "you know what else is beautiful?" I purred low so only he could hear.
              He smiled wryly, "you?" He asked as he touched my cheek gently. I snorted, then started to laugh, "Hey! You stole my thunder there," I joked, feigning hurt.
             He chuckled, "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it," we both laughed a little, but we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind us.
             I turned quickly, instinctively lowering myself a little. I saw that it was Vekan, the small pink Zora. I smiled wide, relaxing slightly, "hello Vekan! It's good to see you," I said warmly.
Vekan hugged me quickly, "I'm glad to see you returned home. And may I say that you work fast," he said wryly.
I tilted my head, causing him to chuckle a little, "Link, darling, last time I saw you I was helping you with boy problems. Now it seems that that boy is your fiancé and I'm going to help you with your wedding," I felt my face flush slightly.
Sidon chuckled, "oh, you were asking for advice?" He asked wryly. I groaned, "sadly, yes I was," I laughed a little uncomfortably.
          Vekan laughed a little, "Alright, I should go. I'm starting to plan your outfit for your wedding and I want to get it done," he started to turn to walk away.
           "Thank you Vekan, you're really a dear," I called after him. He laughed and waved as he disappeared around a corner.