Wishes

Sorry for not updating last Thursday, got a really bad virus! Anywhoosers, enjoy the chapter!

"What's all this for?" Oh, we're just making blue pancakes, dear- What do you think it is?! Trying to save a life here, go be curious in the corner!

"The base for the potion," I replied with a face that obviously meant 'duh'. To which Clarissa gave me a playful glare and I return a friendly smirk- kind of. Wow, Clarissa and I are bonding quite well. As Uncle pours in the glowing moonlight calming remedy into the cauldron- yes, we have a cauldron- he tells Clarissa to stir. "We need to have it ready before your boytoys get back."

"What if they don't get back in time?"

"You can't think like that, Biscuit," Uncle calls over his shoulder, searching for more ingredients of use as I make sure Luke doesn't bleed out.

"That's all I can think about!" she sighs in tiredly and sadly,"Magnus, Noctis . . . I don't think I can do this anymore. Okay, I'm an art student, all my adventures should be two-dimensional!"

"Who says?" I say while paying close attention to Luke's bandages.

"Me! Look it is one thing to draw monsters and demons," she rants while stomping angrily towards me, causing Uncle to quickly get to the boiling potion and continue stirring,"but it's completely different to see them up close and personal! I don't know what I'm doing . . ."

"Don't sell yourself short, Clarissa!" I say comfortingly while re-dampening the clothe on Luke's forehead.

"Noctis is right, we've seen you in action before Clary Fairchild-" Uncle's inspirational speech was cut short when Luke began muttering about Jocelyn. Both Uncle and Clarissa immediately come forward to help.

"Focus on the potion, Uncle! I can deal with Luke!" I then direct all my attention to Luke," I'm gonna take the pain away." Luke then becomes scared and agitated,"Agitation only makes the venom work faster.

"I need to tell Clary . . ."

"Save your strength!"

"No, you need to know, please . . ." as Luke continued to mutter, Clarissa began to tell me to cast the spell.

"You need to -grunt- tell her all of it -grunt- promise me . . ." to which I hesitantly nod. I then snap my fingers and wave my hand over his body, making him yelp in pain. As I read his diagnostics, I become increasingly worried.

"The poisons spreading. Your suiters need to hurry." On that ominous tip, Luke promptly past out. Therefore leaving me to explain to a scared and pissed of Shadowhunter woman. Sigh, Luke SO owes me.

Later when all is calm and the potion is calmy brewing, Clarissa breaks the silence and asks the question I've been dreading, "Tell me what? What's so important that Luke risked his life?"