Eleven.

"Are you ready for some awesome fun with me girls?"

We walk side by side down the narrow concrete slab that leads from our dorm out to the parking lot area. Tony is taking my roomate, Heather and I to a local carnival they're having down town. Tony has kept begging me to go with him for the past two days when he found out from one of his floor mates and I finally gave in when Heather got just as excited when I told her and practically begged me along with Tony.

We are taking Tony's car and I can see the awkwardness when Heather and I both look at the front seat and who will sit there and who will sit in the back. I shrug my shoulders at her, and she shrugs hers almost simultaneously and we both laugh. I wouldn't care if she sat up front with Tony, so I let her have it and reach for the back door handle.

..

It's around 6 pm when we arrive to the carnival and I'm glad Tony got us there without getting lost this time. Heather squeals from excitement and takes off her seatbelt before Tony even got his car in park and found a parking spot.

We all three walk in a line with myself in the middle, up to the ticket booth. Tony buys us both wrist bands so we can ride the rides all night. We both thank him, but Heather ends up giving Tony a half hug and I can tell by the smile on his face, he's either feeling really awkward or actually taking a liking to Heather.

"Can we ride that one?" The words bust from my mouth and I point in the direction it's at and Tony laughs and looks away for a split second but then back at me, the laughter never leaving.

"Can we?" I start to walk in a very fast pace over towards the ride and I can feel Heather's arms around mine as we walk side by side and watch others spin around in awe.

"This is a kiddy ride, Skyla." Tony laughs and comes up besides me and taps his shoulder to mine.

"No, it isn't." I huff and smile up at him, but quickly put my eyes back on the ride and stare at them until it's our turn.

The man starts to laugh at us and unloads all of the people from the previous ride. He looks over at Tony and gestures him to be the first one in. I giggle at the sight before me, and watch as Tony's knees aren't fitting between the seat and cage. The man tries to push his tall, lanky body in but it's becoming nothing but a fail.

I go over and see for myself just how crowded he is in there, and the laughter fills my mouth and out into the open air. His body is squished inside and his head is leaned over a tad bit from being way too tall. He's taking a little bit over half of the space in there, and when I reach him I push his body back against the corner as much as I can and push his legs in at an angle.

"This wasn't meant for big boys!" Tony yells above his normal talking tone and laughs at the predicament, I've placed him in.

I was about to head back over to where Heather is, but I feel a slight push at my arm and the director is pushing me in with Tony. I was going to ride with Heather, but we have already taken up too much time, trying to fit the hulk in here that people are getting impatient.

The director winks at me and whispers in my ear, "have fun" as he buckles us in and moves us up on the ride to let Heather in.

..

"Hey. There's someone from my class, I'll be back in a bit." Heather gets up from the bench we were sitting at and heads over to the group of friends.

"Having fun?" Tony wiggles his eyebrow at me and throws a popcorn kernel at my face, trying to stiffle his laughter.

I grab the piece of popcorn and shove it into my mouth before answering him, "Maybe. I wanna ride some big rides now."

"Then lets go." Tony stands up and goes to throw away his popcorn and comes back to hover over me.

"Heather." I nod in the direction where she is at and she seems like she's in a deep conversation with whoever she has a class with.

"We'll pass her on our way to the big rides, and we'll let her know." Tony grips onto my arm and leads us into the way where Heather is. She gives me a warm smile and tells me she's going to hang out with her friend, Callie and will catch up with us later on tonight.

Tony leads me over to the biggest ride here and from the looks of it, it spins us around in a circle as the arms on the ride move too. I feel almost nauseous in my stomach looking at the ride and feel my nachos coming back up along with the small kernel that was thrown at my face.

"Scared?" Tony puts his lips close to the side of my face and I can feel his breath as it tickles the inside of my ear.

Luckily the ride was for "big boys" and Tony fit in it better than I did. My body felt so small as I stood inside the cage along with Tony an was held in by only a bar. I was nervous at first but by the middle of the ride, Tony and I were hand in hand, screaming at the top of our lungs at the sight of the amusement park  and the adrenaline that was pumping throughout our veins.

We walk and talk about the ride and how much fun it was and who screamed the highest. I've came up with, that even though Tony has such a low manly voice, his high pitch screams have nothing against me. He keeps smiling and shaking his head as I pester him about secretly being a girl.

We start to walk along the line of stands where you can win stuff but nothing seems appleaing until we walk past a stand where a huge stuffed turtle is hung above. I stop in my tracks and stare at it and smile brightly as my thoughts on winning it myself. The guy behind the booth smiles at me and tells me the rules and what to do in order to win the turtle.

But, I failed.

7 times.

I've lost hope in that damn turtle but I feel Tony's presence near me as I gather up my stuff and start to walk away from it all. I've lost all the money I took with me tonight, and laugh at how pathetic I look right now and the guy behind the booth can only give me a sympathetic shrug and smile.

"Let me try." Tony digs in his pocket and hands the man the money to play. I dig in my bag to find my phone and I have two text messages across the screen. One being from Heather and the other from Peyton. I open up Heather's first and she tells me she'll be catching a ride home with Callie tonight and she wishes me fun and to be careful along with Tony. I thank her and tell her the same and go on to read Peyton's message.

*Hey baby. I've missed you a lot today. I have something special for you tomorrow around 7, so be ready and I'll come by around 6 to get you. I love you.*

I smile at the text and reply back to him, thanking him also and giving him some mushy stuff. It feels like I haven't hung out with Peyton in such a long time and I feel the sadness creeping into me. I've spent so much time worrying about others, I'm forgetting who means more than the world to me.

I hear a loud cough and my name in a barely whisper, when I look up I see Tony and he has a smile on his face. His smile is contagious and I smile back at him, but he looks down and I look down along with him.

Beside him, is that damn turtle.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Tony could totes be my boyfriend, just sayinngggg.

Comment what you think will happen? :)

Also, don't forget to vote!

Ily guys, stay golden, xx