Dinner

"So you're moving in with him?!" Asia gasped. She shook her head, "Morgan you can't do that. He's dangerous and you know it."

"Yeah I agree. I already told you how he is Morgan." Natalie said adding her two cents.

I sighed and sat in the bleachers in the gym. "I love him." I started, "He loves me, he apologized and he needs me." I said honestly.

"He needs help, Morgan." Natalie said.

"And I'm the only one that can help him!" I semi-yelled. "Look I'm not sure if I'm going to move in yet I told him to give me some time, but I'm seriously thinking about it."

"After all the shit you said to me about him, after all his lies and all the permanent marks he left on your body!" Asia yelled. Her face was red and her veins were nearly popping out her forehead, "His family isn't even around him Morgan what does that tell you!"

"It tells me that they gave up on him too quick." I grinned through my teeth. "Like I said, I'm not sure yet. I was just thinking about it."

Natalie sighed and sat next to me. "This is a bad idea. Asia and I are just trying to help you."

"I don't need help, this is my life and if I choose to move in it's my decision." I said in a blunt tone. "Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go play volleyball." I said before getting up and walking towards the volleyball net.

Asia followed me. "Why are you so obsessed with a guy who treats you like shit!"

I looked at her, "I'm not obsessed. I'm in love."

"You're brainwashed!" She hollered. "Why? Because he buys you anything you want?! Morgan your parents are rich you can buy everything he buys you on your own!"

"It's not about the money Asia!"

"So what is it about huh?" She crosses her arms. "What is it about Morgan!"

"Love." I said quietly. "Sorry that you don't know shit about it."

*
"Tell me what happened between you and Asia." Alexis said coming into my room.

I was cleaning and organizing out my closet considering the fact that I've had over twenty bags of clothes that I haven't even put up yet, I shrugged. "She's upset."

"Why?"

"Because I want to be with Dave I guess. I don't know." I sighed.

She came close to me. "This is your bestfriend. Don't let no nigga come between y'all."

"Dave isn't coming between us." I said quickly. "She's just upset for no reason at all!"

"No it's a reason." She said. "You just don't want to admit it, or accept it." I stayed quiet and she started to talk again. "Why Morgan? What is it about this guy?"

"I don't know." I whispered. "I really don't know."

"Well you two need to talk. This isn't like you guys to be mad at eachother."

"She just needs to look at Dave from my perspective." I suggested. "She doesn't even know him like I do."

"Well how about you invite him over for dinner. And I invite Asia, and we see how it goes."

I looked at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "I trust Dave if you do, but we just have to get Asia to be on our side to."

"Okay. I'll give him a call."

*

We all sat at the dinner table, eating what Alexis cooked which consisted of soul food. We were all kind of quiet until Alexis broke the ice.

"So Dave." She started. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How you?"

She nodded, "I'm good. What do you do for a living?"

He looked at her, then at me, then laughed. "What's this about?"

I looked at Asia. "She can talk since she's the one who don't understand shit."

"You're right I don't." She said, she looked at Dave. "I don't understand what Morgan sees in you."

He scrunched his eyebrow. "Do you not see my facial features?" He laughed. "Or my ripped ass body? Come on now."

Asia scoffed. "Looks isn't everything. The inside shows your true colors." She growled.

"What's the issue?" He asked. "You seem like you got a lot of pressure ma."

"I do. I'm Morgan's best friend and she tells me everything. So I know what you do behind closed doors and I don't allow it! And if it continues to happen I swear to God I will call the police to lock your stupid ass up or I will kill you my damn self." She said before standing up and storming out the door.

Dave had a somewhat mad look on his face, he stood up and looked at me. "I'll see you around." He said before leaving out.

I looked at Alexis and sighed. "That was horrible." Alexis stayed quiet, and started to clean off the table. "Don't you agree?" I asked. "That was crazy!"

"It was." She said.

"That's all you have to say after what just happened?"

"I understand where Asia is coming from." She said throwing away the excess food Dave left on his plate. "And I somewhat agree with her, but then again Morgan you are your own person." She looked at me. "I can't be a mother to you. Only your mother can be, and you're getting older enough to make your own decisions. So if you choose to be with him go ahead, if it works out I'm happy for you. But if it doesn't then you've learned your lesson and you know to come home." She finished cleaning off the table. "I'm going to bed, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning." She finished before going upstairs.

I sighed deeply and called Dave's phone, he didn't answer and I called again. It rang a couple times and he finally answered.

Yo'

Yeah, you okay?

I'm straight.

I'm sorry about Asia. She's just an overprotective friend.

Yeah and she need to watch it. I ain't the one she wanna fuck with Morgan.

I said sorry I don't know what else you want me to do. Why'd you leave?

I'm headin' to the studio to let out some shit. I'll hit you up later tho'.

Well, okay. Bye Dave.

Ya'.

I could tell he was upset, I heard the call end and I walked upstairs to my room. This is all way too stressful for me, guess I'll listen to some slow music and do homework to calm my nerves.