20: fruit loops

just to let you guys know, I LOVE JAKE FOUSHEE

Taylor's POV

After school I stayed for detention. Apparently I wasn't supposed to yell the word "cock" at my teacher. Dillon gave me ten dollars for it so it's okay. The halls were pretty much empty now, so I closed my locker and started towards the after school detention room.

On my way there, I saw Madilyn's friend Ariel sitting on the floor, her back against the lockers. She had her head in her hands and her eyes were closed. She also looked like she'd been crying. I wasn't just going to walk right past her, so I stopped in front of her.

"Hey, you okay?"

She looks up slowly, her red hair falling over her face. Her bright green eyes meet mine and she shakes her head from side to side. So I sit down next to her, putting my knees up and letting out a breath. "What's wrong?"

"Everything." she whispers. Her voice is shaky and so is her body.

"I heard what happened with Jake," I say, feeling bad for the girl, "I'm sorry. Amanda ruins a lot of people's relationships, you know. She ruined Madilyn and Matt's too."

"I know."

"And Jake Foushee is a dick anyway. He sucks at football."

She lets out a quiet laugh which makes me
smile. I love making people smile or laugh when they're at their worst. I did that to Madilyn a lot.

"I remember when I barely knew you, before you were friends with Madilyn..." I start, "and every time I saw you at school you were always happy. I never did see you frown, and now you're a completely different person. And it's all because of an asshole that sucks at football."

She weakly smiles at me. "I've never really talked to just you. We've always been in a group of people together. You're a nice guy, Taylor."

"I know." I grin at her. Then I remember detention. "Shit, I'm late for detention."

"Oh," she gasps and stands up quickly. "I'm so sorry! It's my fault that you'll probably get more detention for being late to this detention. I didn't mean--"

I cut her off with my laugh. "Hey don't worry, I'm never on time. It was worth it anyway."

"Okay." she lets out a relieved breath. I bet she's never had detention before, probably never even been in trouble before.

"I have to go now. Just make sure you're not thinking about assholes who don't know how to play football." I give her one more grin and start running to the detention room.

~*~

Madilyn's POV

Cameron, Hayes, and I walk back to my house after the movie. They said it was a really good movie, but I wouldn't know because I slept the whole time. When we get to my house, Amanda and Nash are already there. They're sitting on the couch together being ugly. Wait, I didn't mean to say that.

Nash is laughing when we walk in, and when he turns to see us his laughter comes to an abrupt stop. "Cameron."

"Did you have fun at the movies?" Cameron asks in a sad voice. I frown at his sad tone and Hayes just awkwardly walks out of the room, not wanting to be here for the drama.

I turn back to Cameron. "Hey, you should come upstairs and help me do homework." I try to tell him.

He tears his eyes away from Nash and looks at me, nodding. "Okay, I'll be up there in a second." He informs me and I nod, smiling at him before grabbing my backpack off the floor and going into the kitchen. I poor some Fruit Loops into a bowl without milk and go back upstairs. I like to eat Fruit Loops without milk. That's my snack after school almost every day.