Part 3

They sat together in the morning for breakfast. Fortunately, it was the weekend so Maya doesn't have to go to work. She cooked herself and Laysa their breakfast. They sat and eat in silence before Maya's phone lights up. She took a glance and then mute the call.

Laysa raised her sculpted eyebrows in question. Silently asking her why won't she pick up the call. Maya just shrugged it off.

When the phone lights up again, Laysa took a peek at the caller ID and saw Carol is calling her Maya. Her jealousy is at its peak again.

"Why won't you pick up? Your sweetheart is calling you." Laysa smirked. Maya could detect the sarcasm underneath Laysa's tone. She has known this girl since they were 16 years old anyway. They were officially together when they were 18. Yes. They are of the same age. Typical story. Same high school. But, they aren't friends. More like nemesis. 

Laysa is the typical beautiful and popular high school girl with a lot of boys and girls were chasing after her. Not that any difference now anyway. Whilst Maya... She doesn't like the attention illuminated on her. She was just a normal high school student with a striking facade that people choose not to forget. Perhaps they just couldn't forget her tanned skin and soft brown eyes that willing to help anyone in trouble. Especially that trouble is Laysa. 

Long story short, one of the troubled people that came to meet with Maya is the Queen herself, Laysa. She was just perplexed with all the things she felt inside. Why does she have to be attracted to a girl? Worst of all. Her own enemy. But, she refused to tell Maya who it was. Laysa watched Maya with her girlfriends. She counted them as three before her. She hated all of them. Until she, herself became Maya's ex-girlfriend. Laysa thought, she couldn't keep her promise after all. 

"I don't feel like picking up." Maya smiled. Laysa knew it was a fake one. She has seen those smiles from they were 13. She used to watch Maya from then. Wondering how Maya could be so tough and strong with all the kids cursing and tried to bully her. Keyword - tried. Maya always bounced back. That's why Laysa admired her. She knew... Between Maya and her, she couldn't move on from their relationship, but, Maya... Maya could. 

"I've got an offer." Laysa blurted causing Maya to lift her head from her meal and stared at her questioning. "It's... you know? Those superheroes movies."

"Okay...?" Maya furrowed her eyebrows confusingly.

"I don't know if I should take it. You know how I am. I just... I don't know what to do. You always there to help me decide which one is the best for me. Now... you're... just..."

"What?"

"Gone." Maya could detect the despair underneath Laysa's tone. 

"You know... I'm always here." Laysa just stared at her. More like didn't believe that Maya would want to give her another chance after what she had done. "As a friend, Laysa."

Guess Maya knew all along what the fuck is inside Laysa's mind after all. Laysa just smiled. She doesn't know what else to answer. She wants those lips on her now. But, she knew... If she did, Maya won't see her... Ever again. And she needs her soulmate. If she can't be with her, at least, she could as her friend. She used to be Maya's friend. She could do it again. 

"What's the other one?" Maya probed.

"The typical romance movie."

"Choose the superheroes. I'm sure once you are in. You will get 2 or 3 more movies lined up just for that franchise."

"But, I have to move," Laysa muttered. Maya gawked at her - waiting for Laysa's next word. "If I stay here, I have to travel by plane almost every day for the shooting which is in Europe. You know how tired I'll be. It takes more than a year for the shooting of this film. They targeted a box-office throughout the worldwide. So, they want full commitment from the cast."