Mommy reached into her apron pocket for a second, then shook her head.  "Please, Victor.  I just want us to have a normal meal for once."

Daddy looked like he was ready to explode.  My breath stopped in my throat when he picked his hand up to slap her, but he lowered it and looked over at me with a smile on his face.  "Go get me two dish towels from the kitchen, son."

My body tensed.  "What for?"

"Now, boy."  He said, his voice eerily calm.

Fear washed over me as I grabbed two dish towels from one of the drawers.  I had no idea what Daddy was about to do, but I knew it was going to be something bad.  When I returned, he snatched the towels from me and wrapped his hands around Mommy's arms.

"What are you doing, Victor!?"  Mommy cried, trying to pull away from him.  She winced in pain when he tightened his grip around her.

"I want to prove a point to our son."  He said, taking both of her wrists into his large hand.  "I told him that women who disobey needed to be punished, and that's what is going to happen."

"I'm sorry, Victor!"  Mommy cried, still trying in vain to pull away from him.  "Please, do not do this in front of the children!!"

"Shut up!!!"  Daddy growled.  "If you would have just given me the damn remote like I asked none of this would have to happen."

"Ooooh....what are you gonna do?"  Violet asked excitedly, rubbing her hands together.

He ignored her question and tossed one of the dish towels over to me.  The smile returned to his face as he said, "You're going to learn just how to discipline a woman, but first I need you to tie that towel around your mother's mouth.  I don't feel like listening to her screams right now."

My heart began pounding in my chest.  I could not believe this was happening.  "But, Daddy-"

"Do what I tell you, boy!"  He said, forcing her to her knees so that she was level with me.  My hands trembled as I raised the towel in front of myself, looking at her apologetically before I secured it around her mouth.  Her eyes filled with tears and she turned away from me, making my heart crumble inside of my chest. 

"Good."  Daddy praised, patting me on the head.  He used the other dish towel to secure her hands behind her back, then he pushed her down to the floor and unfastened his belt.  I gasped when he brought it down on the back of her legs with remarkable force.  Her muffled screams filled the house as he struck her over and over again, each hit harder than the last.

Violet's eyes were wide with fascination as she watched the scene.  She stepped forward and placed her hand on Daddy's arm.  "How many more times are you gonna hit her?"  She asked, "You're not gonna kill her, are you?  Because I don't want you to go to prison!"

"Relax, princess."  Daddy chuckled, "I'm only hitting her hard enough to make sure she knows better.  She'll be fine in a few days."

Mommy groaned from the floor and slowly tried to push herself up, but Violet kicked her in the ribs before she had a chance.  "Stay down there until Daddy finishes with you!"

That sent me over the edge.  I snatched the belt from Daddy's hand and brought it down on Violet's face, making her fall to the ground next to Mommy.  "You better leave her alone!!"  I snapped, raising the belt again threateningly.